Senior Sales Engineer-Chicago Area
Sales | Chicago, IL | Full Time
Lytics, a next-generation customer data platform, is revolutionizing how companies like Heineken, The Economist, General Mills, Ancestry.com, and other retail, media, consumer goods, banking, and tech brands execute one-to-one marketing programs that their customers welcome. We're the brain behind the “right message, right time, right channel”. We are driving transformative value for our customers with rapidly increasing demand. We are looking for smart, passionate, and dedicated individuals to grow with us and deliver great value to our customers and company.
Lytics is growing globally and we’re hiring a Senior Sales Engineer to support our Sales Team. You must have a mix of technical and sales skills. Aligned to sales objectives and targets, you’ll act as a trusted advisor to sales and customers alike, organizing and distilling Lytics solutions into a format that customers can relate to and understand. Sales Engineers define and demonstrate how Lytics can solve business and marketing challenges. You will need to discover a customer’s business challenges and marketing objectives then prepare customized presentations and demonstrations to illustrate how Lytics can solve their challenges and meet their objectives. We need someone to evangelize Lytics to our potential customers and to work with our customers to develop strong technical solutions for their business needs.
You will need to be able to effectively present business value and technical solutions to technical and non-technical audiences. Responsibilities include leading RFx response efforts, working with sales, product, & engineering to build out response repositories and solution playbooks. You will also be responsible for bringing feedback from customers back to the product and engineering teams.
This is a client-facing role and requires exceptional interpersonal skills and polished written communication. The ideal candidate has a strong pre-sales background in SaaS with CDP, database, data solutions, or marketing technology experience.
- Maintain strong knowledge of Lytics products and value proposition for our prospects and customers.
- Collaborate with sales colleagues to discover customer business goals and challenges.
- Prove the business value of the solutions Lytics provides by creating and delivering customized presentations, demonstrations, and workshops.
- Lead the technical response effort for RFPs, RFIs, and infosec questionnaires.
- Provide technical solution architecture for advanced use cases using the Lytics platform, product features, and other marketing technologies.
- Document solution definitions for our prospective customers that capture the use cases and business challenges that will be solved.
- Solicit and document product feedback from customers and provide to the product and engineering teams.
- Some travel required.
- Minimum 3 years experience supporting B2B sales organizations in a PreSales role.
- 6+ years of client-facing experience understanding customer challenges and delivering product messaging.
- Professional curiosity and the ability to enable yourself in new technologies.
- Working knowledge of common web technologies, APIs, and database technologies.
- Working knowledge of one or more common programming languages.
- Excellent organization skills, you must be comfortable working in a fast-moving environment and dealing with rapidly changing requirements.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong problem-solving skills, initiative, and the ability to thrive under pressure.
- Strong technical background achieved through higher education and/or professional experience
- Chicago area
Why Work at Lytics?
You will be working in a company with tons of talent, that is in a rapidly growing space with plenty of opportunity. Each individual at Lytics is given a lot of freedom and responsibility day to day. Since we are not a large company you will be able to learn everyone's name, and knowledge transfers quickly across the entire company. In addition the Lytics team is professional, open with sharing ideas and leadership is more than ready to help provide guidance on making you successful.
At Lytics, we recruit and reward employees based on performance and capability, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, educational background, national origin, religion, or physical ability.
Our goal at Lytics is to create an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work. We know that the best ideas & the best solutions happen when people bring their uniqueness to work with them. Inclusion is an integral part of how we leverage that uniqueness into our company. Creating a culture of equality and respect isn’t just the right thing to do, it’s also the smart thing. Diverse companies are more innovative and better positioned to succeed in emerging technologies.
We are committed to taking care of our team, and along with providing a competitive salary and great benefits for employees and their families, we are dedicated to making sure there are a variety of methods for staff to grow their skills and further their careers. Benefits include affordable health insurance, 401K, flexible PTO, stock options, transportation benefits, life insurance and disability plans.
To get started, click on the link below. To fast track your application, let us know in your cover letter why this job and company is of particular interest to you. We look forward to talking!