Data Science Engineer
Engineering | Remote US | Full Time
Lytics, the customer data platform (CDP) built for marketing teams, improves your business performance by connecting the right data to Lytics’ powerful AI engine. By combining unique behavioral insights, machine learning, and real-time campaign orchestration, Lytics equips marketers with the tools to create unique one-to-one marketing campaigns and engagements based on each user’s interests and customer journey. Some of the world’s most innovative brands use Lytics’ CDP technology, including General Mills, Live Nation, Nestlé Purina, AEG, Industry Dive, and Yamaha. We are looking for smart, passionate, and dedicated individuals to grow with us and deliver great value to our customers and company.
Lytics is looking for a Software Engineer to join the Data Science team. As a Data Science Engineer you will be responsible for helping to optimize data workflows and pipelines for data science services. You will work with problems in non-parametric statistics, Bayesian inference, Natural Language Processing, and more.
You will have an impact on data across its entire lifecycle in Lytics’ Customer Data Platform — from data ingestion and manipulation to infrastructure for model building and content recommendation to reporting and insights. Your work will help internal and external teams leverage Lytics and its machine learning capabilities to their fullest potential.
A successful candidate will thrive in keeping up with the pace of our industry-pioneering customers, as well as the rapid pace of a versatile and highly innovative product.
- Maintaining existing and developing new data sciences services
- Working with other engineering teams — Platform, Integrations and Product — to ensure interoperability with other engineering services
- Documenting common use case patterns and identifying opportunities for better tooling
What we must have:
- Solid understanding of machine learning fundamentals and its ecosystem
- Familiarity with data engineering and distributed systems
- Comfortable working in Linux/UNIX environments
- Deep understanding of RESTful HTTP semantics
What'd be Nice to Have (but not required):
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or relevant experience
- 2+ years of experience with software development and data engineering
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical users
- Proficiency in Golang
- Experience with marketing data and use cases
- Interest in data science and data visualization
Why Work at Lytics?
You will be working in a company with tons of talent, that is in a rapidly growing space with plenty of opportunity. Since we are not a large company you will be able to learn everyone's name, and knowledge transfers quickly across the entire company. In addition the Lytics team is professional, open with sharing ideas and leadership is more than ready to help provide guidance on making you successful.
At Lytics, we recruit and reward employees based on performance and capability, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, educational background, national origin, religion, or physical ability.
Our goal at Lytics is to create an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work. We know that the best ideas & the best solutions happen when people bring their uniqueness to work with them. Inclusion is an integral part of how we leverage that uniqueness into our company. Creating a culture of equality and respect isn’t just the right thing to do, it’s also the smart thing. Diverse companies are more innovative and better positioned to succeed in emerging technologies.
We are committed to taking care of our team, and along with providing a competitive salary and great benefits for employees and their families, we are dedicated to making sure there are a variety of methods for staff to grow their skills and further their careers. Benefits include affordable health insurance, 401K, flexible PTO, stock options, remote work connectivity benefits, life insurance and disability plans.
To get started, click on the link below. To fast track your application, let us know in your cover letter why this job and company is of particular interest to you. We look forward to talking!