Senior Sales Manager - Life Science Research Market
Sales and Marketing | Beaverton, OR | Full Time
Lumencor, Inc., based in Beaverton, Oregon, manufactures high-performance solid state lighting subsystems, "light engines," for bio-analytical instruments, medical devices and life science research tools. Products are sold worldwide to equipment manufacturers (OEMs), distributors, laboratories, and individual researchers.
Our Sales and Marketing team is seeking a Senior Sales Manager for the Life Science Research market. The Senior Sales Manager is responsible for advancing the goals and objectives of the sales team by driving and managing sales growth of Lumencor’s light engines in life science tools and equipment, in addition to the already well supported microscopy companies. External customers in the form of existing Lumencor corporate accounts will serve as a template for recognizing new opportunities; therefore, key responsibilities focus on growing those accounts as well as expanding into new territories and identifying other OEMs within and across other business sectors in the life sciences.
- Identify, prioritize, manage and sell Lumencor’s lighting products to Life Science Research Market manufacturers and resellers.
- Work with Lumencor’s EVP and Corporate Account Manager to develop and build new business from new leads and existing OEM customers.
- Travel to support training, education and business development to promote sales.
- Maintain detailed customer records and document all customer and prospect interactions, using SalesForce CRM.
- Plan, engage and maintain a scheduled list of introductions, demonstrations, trainings and support tasks as needed to manage the collective base of Lumencor’s research customers and OEMs. Maintain an organized working style with visible calendaring and detailed administrative practices for ongoing sales efforts as well as forecasting customers and prospects.
- Calendar travel and customer sales visits and support in a visible, transparent manner.
- Use trade shows to engage customers and provide sales support and training.
- Meet and exceed demanding sales goals and quotas.
- Assist in the future hire and management of a Sales Engineer to assist in identifying new opportunities and building relationships in support of your sales efforts.
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability and credit terms.
- Quote prices, credit terms or other bid specifications.
- Keep current product knowledge and feed competitive product information back to Lumencor’s sales and engineering teams.
- Distinguish and emphasize product features based on analyses of customers' needs and on technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations.
- Provide routine feedback and reports on business development, sales, travel and management of key accounts and of sales engineer. Maintain monthly, weekly, daily updates on key corporate accounts as needed by your manager.
- Maintain CRM entires for leads, accounts and new opportunities.
- Craft quotations and qualify purchase orders.
- Drive revenue through recognition and realization of sales opportunity within Research Market.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- This position requires a 4-year Bachelors Degree from an accredited university in Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, Biology or another technical field.
- Additional Marketing, Business Management or related field education a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of manufacturer-to-manufacturer sales experience, in the microscopy, medical device, research fields.
- Documented and verifiable track record of exceeding sales goals and targets.
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral and written skills required.
- Building Customer Loyalty - Effectively meeting customer needs; building productive customer relationships; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
- Vitality - Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; sustaining long working hours when necessary; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
- Sales Ability/Persuasiveness - Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea from prospects and clients.
- Impact - Creating a good first impression, commanding attention and respect, showing an air of confidence.
- Gaining Commitment - Using appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans; modifying ones own behavior to accommodate tasks, situations, and individuals involved.
- Initiative - Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Stress Tolerance - Maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
Culture and Benefits:
At Lumencor, our standards are high. Our Sales and Marketing team strives to deliver the best microscopy lighting solutions the industry has ever seen. We do this by relying on the talent and ingenuity of our staff. We look for people who can think critically and creatively; people who can dream big and act responsibly as they push past boundaries in an ethical and collaborative manner. Lumencor found its beginnings in challenging the status quo by recognizing and executing on the very best of what is possible; this fundamental quality permeates through the culture of the company to this day.
If your career objectives line up with our search, we want to speak with you!
Lumencor believes in a healthy work environment for all employees, and fosters teamwork and respect for others while adhering to ethical work practices. We offer a full package of employee health, dental and vision insurance as well as many other benefits. Our working culture rewards effort and success while embracing imagination and diversity. We diligently research market compensation to be sure our employees feel rewarded for the excellent work they contribute to Lumencor.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.