Sales and Marketing | Beaverton, OR | Full Time
Lumencor, Inc., based in Beaverton, Oregon, manufactures high-performance solid state lighting subsystems, "light engines," for bio-analytical instruments, medical devices and life science research tools. Products are sold worldwide to equipment manufacturers (OEMs), distributors, laboratories, and individual researchers.
Our Sales and Marketing team is seeking a Sales Engineer for the Microscopy business, responsible for advancing the goals and objectives of the sales team by driving growth in the life science marketplace. The scientist in this position will interact with imaging directors, influential microscopists, microscopy course directors, customers and channel partners to grow sales of illumination products. The successful candidate will gain understanding of emerging lighting trends for life science microscopes as their role matures. The Sales Engineer will focus on garnering interest to support worldwide sales of lighting products that serve the needs of “high-impact” microscopy customers.
As a qualified candidate for the Sales Engineer role in Lumencor's Microscopy business, you are able to support customers in the use of Lumencor illumination solutions, specific to the customer application and research. You are knowledgeable about the latest advances in life science microscopy hardware, software and applications.
- Identify, prioritize, and document opportunities for Lumencor sales of lighting products in the microscopy sales channel.
- Plan and execute training and other support functions to assist resellers and distributors of Lumencor products.
- Drive Lumencor product penetration within Big 4 Microscope organizations and proven dealers (Olympus, Carl Zeiss, Nikon and Leica.)
- Train and develop reseller and customer expertise in the use of Lumencor products, through on-site and web-based interaction.
- Maintain contact with current and new “high-impact” customers.
- Understand biological research applications and be able to provide Lumencor solutions to fulfill researchers’ needs.
- Visit key customers and labs to provide training, installation assistance, and/or present Lumencor products in support of sales.
- Maintain customer records and document all customer and prospect interactions, using SalesForce CRM.
- Assist in meeting and exceeding demanding sales goals and quotas.
- Answer customer questions about products, prices, availability and credit terms.
- Prepare quotations and aid in responses to RFQs and Bids.
- Contact new and existing customers to discuss how specific products or services can meet their needs.
- Maintain an organized working style with visible calendaring and detailed administrative practices for maintaining and forecasting customers and prospects.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education, Training and Experience:
- This position requires a 4-year Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university and experience in life science research or industry.
- Advanced knowledge of optics, lasers, and digital microscopy techniques.
- A successful candidate must be familiar with and have the capability to speak intelligently about microscopy, optics, and the practice of sound experimental design.
- The candidate must understand fluorescence microscopy as well as other life science applications that require high performance lighting.
- The candidate must be able to respond to application questions and/or troubleshooting via sketching and talking in an educated, informed manner.
- Up to 50% of employment time spent traveling to support sales efforts.
- Must have a valid driver’s license in your state of residence.
At Lumencor, our standards are high. Our Sales and Marketing team strives to deliver the best microscopy lighting solutions the industry has ever seen. We do this by relying on the talent and ingenuity of our staff. We look for people who can think critically and creatively; people who can dream big and act responsibly as they push past boundaries in an ethical and collaborative manner. Lumencor found its beginnings in challenging the status quo by recognizing and executing on the very best of what is possible; this fundamental quality permeates through the culture of the company to this day.
If your career objectives line up with our search, we want to speak with you!
Lumencor believes in a healthy work environment for all employees, and fosters teamwork and respect for others while adhering to ethical work practices. We offer a full package of employee health, dental and vision insurance as well as many other benefits. Our working culture rewards effort and success while embracing imagination and diversity. We diligently research market compensation to be sure our employees feel rewarded for the excellent work they contribute to Lumencor.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.