Part Time Accounting Clerk
General and Administrative | Beaverton, OR | Part Time
Lumencor, Inc., based in Beaverton, Oregon, manufacturers high-performance, solid state lighting subsystems, "light engines," for bio-analytical instruments, medical devices and life science research tools. Lumencor products are sold world wide to equipment manufacturers (OEMs), distributors, laboratories and individual researchers. Lumencor is helping to advance this century's best and most innovative analytical tools and diagnostic devices.
We are seeking a part-time (20-25 hours/week) Accounting Clerk, responsible for supporting the goals and objectives of the Lumencor Accounting team by assisting the Controller, creating and maintaining accounting records, running and customizing reports that provide business analysis and results, and performing banking functions as required.
General Set Up and Accounting Records
- Create and maintain QuickBooks company data. Understand the account and company setup steps and maintain a general knowledge of the major areas of the QuickBooks application
- Manage vendor invoices
- Manage customer payments
- Record bank transactions as needed
- Make journal entries as directed
- Answer questions from vendors, customers, and employees about their bills and invoices
- General office administration requests as needed
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Reporting and Reconciliation
- Customize and produce reports for the CFO and Controller. These reports include account balances, profit and loss figures, and transactional reports
- Perform account analysis on assets and liability accounts as requested
- Prepare 1099s for applicable vendors
- Create sales tax reports
- This position requires a 2-year associates degree and 5 years relevant experience.
- Excellent working knowledge of computers and the Internet.
- Work fluently with Microsoft Office, email, browsers, Windows operating systems, and Apple operating systems (preferred).
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively manage time, meet deadlines, and work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Innovative and creative in the form of continuous improvement to internal processes.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- 20-25 hours per week.
Benefits, Culture and Compensation:
At Lumencor, our standards are high. Our Accounting department advances the goals and objectives of Lumencor as we strive to deliver the best microscopy lighting solutions the industry has ever seen. We do this by relying on the talent and ingenuity of our staff. We look for people who can think critically and creatively; people who can dream big and act responsibly as they push past boundaries in an ethical and collaborative manner. Lumencor found its beginnings in challenging the status quo by recognizing and executing on the very best of what is possible; this fundamental quality permeates through the culture of the company to this day.
If your career objectives line up with our search, we want to speak with you!
Lumencor believes in a healthy work environment for all employees, and fosters teamwork and respect for others while adhering to ethical work practices. We offer a full package of employee health, dental and vision insurance as well as many other benefits. Our working culture rewards effort and success while embracing imagination and diversity. We research market compensation to be sure our employees feel rewarded for the excellent work they contribute to Lumencor.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.