Quality and Regulatory | Beaverton, OR | Full Time
Lumencor, Inc., based in Beaverton, Oregon, manufactures high-performance solid state lighting subsystems, "light engines," for bio-analytical instruments, medical devices and life science research tools. Products are sold worldwide to equipment manufacturers (OEMs), distributors, laboratories, and individual researchers. Lumencor is looking for a Mechanical designer to join our growing team.
Mechanical Designer will prepare detailed working diagrams of electromechanical devices, including dimensions, fastening methods, and other engineering information.
- Design and develop products, components, processes, and systems using broad engineering concepts and research techniques.
- Provide support of existing product designs through the production cycle by incorporating engineering change orders (ECO).
- Construct mechanical assemblies (prototypes, etc.).
- Create prototypes utilizing rapid prototyping technology.
- Provide design support for existing and legacy products.
- Facilitate transition of product design and enhancements to full production/delivery.
- Organize and maintain existing engineering records and drawings.
- Act as PDM administrator and trainer.
- Assist in creating Work/Assembly Instructions.
- Perform physical testing on engineering/safety fixtures.
- Ensure components and assemblies adhere to applicable industry and business standards.
- Provide support of material procurement by interfacing with suppliers/fabricators.
- Assist in product Bill of Materials (BOM) construction.
- Interface with engineers, providing CAD design from product inception to released fabrication drawings.
Work with Purchasing to order machined/sheet metal parts.
- Education – A.A. degree in drafting/design or equivalent training/experience.
- Mechanical designer with 2+yrs experience (machined parts / sheet metal parts).
- Proficient in use of SolidWorks CAD software.
- Advanced knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Broad scope of product design knowledge.
- Knowledge of manufacturing methods.
- Proficient in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Ability to work effectively with other design disciplines as well as manufacturing to create design solutions that address often-conflicting requirements.
- Must be creative, open-minded, a good communicator, and a good listener.
- Ability to write clear technical documentation.
- Ability to logically address, analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to effectively plan and organize projects and manage priorities.
- Acute attention to detail and deadlines.
- Ability to inspect, test, and adjust completed products to ensure that they meet specifications, tolerances, and regulatory requirements.
At Lumencor, our standards are high. Our Quality team continually pushes to deliver the best microscopy lighting solutions the industry has ever seen. We do this by relying on the talent and ingenuity of our staff. We look for people who can think critically and creatively; people who can dream big and act responsibly as they push past boundaries in an ethical and collaborative manner. Lumencor found its beginnings in challenging the status quo by recognizing and executing on the very best of what is possible; this fundamental quality permeates through the culture of the company to this day.
If your career objectives line up with our search, we want to speak with you!
Lumencor believes in a healthy work environment for all employees, and fosters teamwork and respect for others while adhering to ethical work practices. We offer a full package of employees health, dental and vision insurance as well as many other perks. Our working culture rewards effort and success while embracing imagination and diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.