Manufacturing | Beaverton, OR | Full Time
Lumencor, Inc., based in Beaverton, Oregon, manufactures high-performance solid state lighting subsystems, "light engines," for bio-analytical instruments, medical devices and life science research tools. Products are sold worldwide to equipment manufacturers (OEMs), distributors, laboratories, and individual researchers.
Lumencor is seeking a Manufacturing Technician to complement and support the company’s existing manufacturing team. The Manufacturing Technician will be responsible for test, calibration and assembly of a variety of sub-assemblies, as well as finished assemblies, including but not limited to mechanical, electrical, and optical assemblies. The qualified candidate will assist the Manufacturing Manager with troubleshooting non-conformances found on the production line.
- Interpret procedural documents and assemble products according to document instructions
- Perform optics assembly with UV cure and other adhesives
- Accurate record keeping associated with product assembly.
- Maintain organized workstation in compliance with Lumencor standards.
- In-process test, rework, and quality measurements.
- Recognize potential product assembly errors and initiate appropriate quality procedures
- Repair assemblies for mechanical, optical, and electrical problems
- Interpret historical product performance data to determine repair activity
- Operate production equipment in accordance with current good manufacturing practices and standard operating procedures
- Operate assembly or processing equipment, such as lasers, cameras, dispensers, soldering irons, wire pull testers, function generators, or optical spectrum analyzers
- Perform calibration of optical or fiber optic equipment
- Interface well with Manufacturing Manager and team members to accomplish department goals
- Work required hours and adhere to Lumencor attendance policy
- Proactively seek opportunities to assist in completing manufacturing department goals
- Adhere to clean room, safety, and ESD policies and procedures
- Maintain an awareness of department goals and actively participate in implementing solutions
- Provide training to Manufacturing staff as directed by Manufacturing Manager
- Proactively seek improvements for manufacturing processes with minimal supervision
- Serve as subject matter expert for one or more product lines
- Perform soldering, reworking, wire crimping, and chassis wiring on Lumencor products
- Assist Manufacturing Engineers in the implementation of fixtures, tools, or processes
- Ability to read engineering drawings, schematics, wiring diagrams
- Ability to assemble and test with minimal supervision.
- Attention to Detail - Minimal errors associated with product assembly.
- Ability to recognize inconsistent or inaccurate test results.
- Ability to effectively communicate information associated with quality problems.
- Ability to inspect, test, and adjust completed units to ensure that units meet specifications, tolerances, and customer order requirements.
This position requires a High School diploma or equivalent and 5 years experience in electromechanical assembly.
Preferred Training and Experience: IPC Certification, experience assembling products containing optics and lasers.
At Lumencor, our standards are high. Our Manufacturing team continually pushes to deliver the best microscopy lighting solutions the industry has ever seen. We do this by relying on the talent and ingenuity of our staff. Our Manufacturing Assemblers and Technicians are industry professionals who understand their professional efforts result in success for their team and the company. We look for people who can think critically and creatively; people who can dream big and act responsibly as they push past boundaries in an ethical and collaborative manner. Lumencor found its beginnings in challenging the status quo by recognizing and executing on the very best of what is possible; this fundamental quality permeates through the culture of the company to this day.
If this describes the type of team you would like to be apart of, we want to speak with you!
Lumencor believes in a healthy work environment for all employees, and fosters teamwork and respect for others while adhering to ethical work practices. We offer a full package of employees health, dental and vision insurance as well as many other perks. Our working culture rewards effort and success while embracing imagination and diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.