Sales and Marketing | Beaverton, OR | Full Time
Lumencor, Inc., based in Beaverton, Oregon, manufactures high-performance solid state lighting subsystems, "light engines," for bio-analytical instruments, medical devices and life science research tools. Products are sold worldwide to equipment manufacturers (OEMs), distributors, laboratories, and individual researchers.
We are seeking a Junior Executive who will support the business and marketing efforts of Lumencor’s Executive Vice President. This is the perfect role for recent MBA grads seeking an entry level opportunity to be trained as an executive.
Responsibilities focus around sales and marketing support, as well as new business development. The logistics of business travel, enabling senior level dialog and business administration are critical support tasks as well as administering of global marketing functions for web, print and trade show presence. The role requires excellent communications skills, strong business intuition and execution of superior business practices with transparency, consistency and integrity. The initial support role will graduate into taking on more senior business administration and marketing duties with the ultimate target of attaining an executive level position at Lumencor, having honed core business practices and competencies.
- Manage administrative projects critical to the Sales and Marketing team.
- Build credibility with corporate stakeholders to drive administrative projects to completion.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies which draw on the expertise and resources of Lumencor’s marketing team.
- Manage, prioritize and drive projects for Lumencor’s Executive team; including, strategic goal alignment, corporate structure and manager training.
- Play a key role in the development and execution of the long term strategic plan for the business sector.
- Participate in bid decisions, phase reviews and the development of cost strategies.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- MBA or a Master’s level degree from a locally accredited college or university with a focus on Business Development, Marketing, International Management, International Business, or a related field.
- An undergraduate degree from and accredited 4-year university with a major focus in the life sciences.
- Demonstrated experience in leading teams in organized community activities and/or volunteer organizations.
At Lumencor, our standards are high. Our Sales and Marketing team strives to deliver the best microscopy lighting solutions the industry has ever seen. We do this by relying on the talent and ingenuity of our staff. We look for people who can think critically and creatively; people who can dream big and act responsibly as they push past boundaries in an ethical and collaborative manner. Lumencor found its beginnings in challenging the status quo by recognizing and executing on the very best of what is possible; this fundamental quality permeates through the culture of the company to this day.
If your career objectives line up with our search, we want to speak with you!
Lumencor believes in a healthy work environment for all employees, and fosters teamwork and respect for others while adhering to ethical work practices. We offer a full package of employee health, dental and vision insurance as well as many other benefits. Our working culture rewards effort and success while embracing imagination and diversity. We diligently research market compensation to be sure our employees feel rewarded for the excellent work they contribute to Lumencor.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.