IT | Beaverton, OR | Full Time
Lumencor, Inc., based in Beaverton, Oregon, manufactures high-performance solid-state lighting subsystems, "light engines," for bio-analytical instruments, medical devices and life science research tools. Products are sold worldwide to equipment manufacturers (OEMs), distributors, laboratories, and individual researchers.
We are looking for a talented and energetic self-starter with a passion for new challenges to step into the role of IT Engineer. The IT Engineer primary focus will be the support and maintenance of the company’s IT infrastructure and provide technical support to end-users within the company. We are a mostly Mac company. You should love them and know how to administer them while also assisting their users to operate them efficiently.
You must feel comfortable working in a small-to-mid size organization with a fast paced, start-up atmosphere. Our employees wear multiple hats and do not shy away from needful tactical tasks.
- Hardware and software support, resolving software errors, installing and updating software, installing and replacing hardware, and training end-users
- IT infrastructure upgrades, administration, maintenance, and monitoring of IT services; Office365, Azure AD, SalesForce, MS Teams, and SolidWorks
- Network monitoring and troubleshooting, hardware and software VPN, using Cisco Meraki full network stack
- File, document, and email: storage, archiving, backups, and business continuity solutions; both local and cloud
- Administration of communication and collaboration hardware and software including PBX, VOIP, mobile phone and MS Teams Voice services
- Arranging and implementing office and manufacturing floor moves, including installing computers, hardware, and cabling
- User identity management, including but not limited to user on-boarding and off-boarding, data storage and archiving
- Monitor and track all hardware and equipment, manage asset-tagged systems, document their status, and plan for their managed lifecycle
- Maintain archived and updated in-house created software and commercial software in a central location
- Support cloud-based services and server connectivity and updates according to industry best practices
- Respond to technical requests and outages, resolving problems in a timely manner
- Provide expertise and advice on appropriate use of technology, integration, and implementation
- Develop system level scripts to provide improvements for IT system administration and operations
- Manage, update, and deploy macOS workstations using Apple Business Manager, Jamf Pro, Munki and related toolsets.
- A 4-year Bachelors of Science degree from an accredited university in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of experience working in enterprise-level technical / customer support
- 5+ years of experience with macOS, Apple hardware, system administration, and device management
- DevOps experience with a management tool is required; Jamf Pro, Munki, Python and Bash
- 5+ years of experience with Windows system administration, troubleshooting, and device management
- 3+ years of experience with LAN and Wi-Fi configuration, Internet protocols, cloud and server applications and related troubleshooting tools
- MSCE, CompTIA A+, CCNA, Network+
- Administration of network monitoring utilities, ie; Zabbix, Nagios, SNMP
- 2+ years of experience working in a manufacturing environment
At Lumencor, our standards are high. We continually push to deliver the best microscopy lighting solutions the industry has ever seen. We do this by relying on the talent and ingenuity of our staff. Our Information Technology team members are industry professionals who understand their professional efforts result in success for their team and the company. We look for people who can think critically and creatively; people who can dream big and act responsibly as they push past boundaries in an ethical and collaborative manner. Lumencor found its beginnings in challenging the status quo by recognizing and executing on the very best of what is possible; this fundamental quality permeates through the culture of the company to this day.
If this describes the type of team you would like to be a part of, we want to speak with you!
Lumencor believes in a healthy work environment for all employees, and fosters teamwork and respect for others while adhering to ethical work practices. We offer a full package of employees health, dental and vision insurance as well as many other perks. Our working culture rewards effort and success while embracing imagination and diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.