Manufacturing | Beaverton, OR | Full Time
Lumencor, Inc., based in Beaverton, Oregon, manufactures high-performance solid state lighting subsystems, "light engines," for bioanalytical instruments, medical devices and life science research tools. Products are sold worldwide to equipment manufacturers (OEMs), distributors, laboratories and individual researchers. The company is seeking Manufacturing Assemblers to contribute to the production of Lumencor light engines and accessories.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the assembly of electro-mechanical assemblies, following established procedures, timeframes, and quality standards. The assembler will work within a team and, therefore, be expected to provide accurate record keeping associated with product assembly, as well as in-process test, rework, and quality measurements. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining a safe and clean work environment consistent with Lumencor’s standard practices.
- Interpret procedural documents and assemble products according to instructions
- Accurate record keeping associated with product assembly.
- Maintain organized workstation in compliance with Lumencor standards.
- Perform in-process test, rework, and quality measurements.
- Recognize potential product assembly errors and initiate appropriate quality procedures.
- Interface well with Director of Manufacturing and other Lumencor employees to accomplish department goals.
- Work required hours and adhere to Lumencor attendance policy
- Proactively seek opportunities to assist in completing manufacturing department goals
- Adhere to clean room, safety, and ESD policies and procedures
- Maintain an awareness of department goals and actively participate in implementing solutions.
- Provide training to Manufacturing staff as directed by Manufacturing Manager.
- Proactively seek improvements for manufacturing processes with minimal supervision.
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) expert for one or more product lines
- High School diploma or equivalent
- IPC Certification
- 1-to-2 years relevant industrial experience assembling electro-mechanical products required
- Demonstrated proficiency in handling manual and power-driven assembly tools
- General computer skills necessary
- Demonstrated proficiency in reading and interpreting assembly and test procedures, operating procedures, specification documents, and part drawings.
- Experience handling optical components is a plus
- A detail-oriented work ethic
- A desire and ability to problem solve and work independently within a small organization
- An ability to multi-task for maximum efficiency without sacrificing accuracy
- English language proficiency
- US citizenship or permanent residence status and documentation
At Lumencor, our standards are high. Our Manufacturing team continually pushes to deliver the best microscopy lighting solutions the industry has ever seen. We do this by relying on the talent and ingenuity of our staff. Our Assemblers are industry professionals who understand their professional efforts result in success for their team and the company. We look for people who can think critically and creatively; people who can dream big and act responsibly as they push past boundaries in an ethical and collaborative manner. Lumencor found its beginnings in challenging the status quo by recognizing and executing on the very best of what is possible; this fundamental quality permeates through the culture of the company to this day.
If this describes the type of team you would like to be apart of, we want to speak with you!
Lumencor believes in a healthy work environment for all employees, and fosters teamwork and respect for others while adhering to ethical work practices. We offer a full package of employees health, dental and vision insurance as well as many other perks. Our working culture rewards effort and success while embracing imagination and diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.