Marketing Assistant Manager
Marketing | Bloomington, IL | Full Time
Brands today need to be clear about the value they bring and the feelings they provide to customers and followers. More than ever, they need to help people achieve their own ambitions – not just deliver on their own corporate goals and sales targets. Today, the brands that thrive make themselves useful. They make an impact and make complex decisions simple by helping people connect to what matters.
Our seriously imaginative approach combines strategic and creative thinking with contemporary design. Our team of inventive problem solvers are dedicated and focused on making your brand the stand-out choice. Drawing on culture, context and empathy, everything we do is thoughtfully tailored. We tell stories and we create moments that matter.
The Marketing Assistant will report directly to the Communications Director and support marketing activities. This includes managing comments and direct messages on all social media platforms, assisting with design projects for social media and email campaigns, monitoring social channels and other forums for the latest news and trends, and helping with other marketing projects as needed.
Salary range: $47000 - $57000 per year.
- Schedule meetings, send invitations to attendees, send reminder emails and follow-up emails to attendees (incudes reserving conference rooms, arranging for catering and meals, helping with meeting setup and breakdown)
- Prepare meeting agendas, take notes during meetings, and distribute meeting summaries afterward
- Prepare various internal forms (e.g. check request forms), and circulate for approval
- Assist executives and leaders with personal administrative tasks, such as expense reports, scheduling, and others
- Help with drafting and editing presentations, documents, and other deliverables
- Assign and schedule tasks for other members of the team, to help every meet deadlines and requests
- Support the budget tracking, project tracking, activity reports and other business functions of the department
- Support and possibly later oversee select marketing projects
- Assist with onsite event support, such as setting up, breaking down, or staffing a table
- Conduct research across a wide range of topics, and summarize findings for the team
- Work on various projects and tasks as needed
- 1 or more years of full-time work experience in an administrative, marketing, customer service, sales, sales support, or related role
- An undergraduate degree preferred
- Effective time-management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to edit and proofread documents
- Able to prioritize a wide range of tasks effectively, allocating the right level of focus and effort to different tasks throughout the day
- Experience in a corporate or professional services environment strongly preferred
- Proficient with Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Flexibility to work occasional hours outside of normal business hours (e.g. events, client meetings)
- Experience working with executive management and a diverse range of temperaments
- Felicity with all types of normal office hardware, including but not limited to scanners, printers, fax machines, phones, etc.
- Fundamental understanding of how email, websites, presentations and other basic marketing deliverables work
- Experience with databases, CRM, content management systems, marketing automation, project and task management software and other similar applications are a big plus (if no direct experience, a demonstrable ability to pick up how to work with these applications quickly is needed)
- 3 weeks of Paid Time Off – Start accruing time on day 1
- Great Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- 8 paid holidays, including your birthday off!
- Earn extra days off for good attendance
- Great culture, frequent fun events, game rooms