Events Assistant Manager
Marketing | Bloomington, IL | Full Time
Brands today need to be clear about the value they bring and the feelings they provide to customers and followers. More than ever, they need to help people achieve their own ambitions – not just deliver on their own corporate goals and sales targets. Today, the brands that thrive make themselves useful. They make an impact and make complex decisions simple by helping people connect to what matters.
Our seriously imaginative approach combines strategic and creative thinking with contemporary design. Our team of inventive problem solvers are dedicated and focused on making your brand the stand-out choice. Drawing on culture, context and empathy, everything we do is thoughtfully tailored. We tell stories and we create moments that matter.
The primary responsibility of this position is to generate new clients and events, and then to provide planning, implementation and coordination of these events. Exceptional interpersonal skills are essential for communicating extensively with businesses and individuals. The Events Assistant Manager must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications and social media. Experience with reservation software is preferred, but not required.
Salary range: $47000 - $57000 per year.
Plan and organize events according to customer requirements, including researching and hiring vendors, booking venues, planning transportation, inviting participants, and creating signage.
Communicate directly with the customer throughout the event planning process to learn requirements and goals, coordinate guest list and vendor specifications, and ensure all parties understand relevant information and details.
Meet with sponsors, committees, organizations, and executives as necessary to discuss and plan event specifications such as scope, format, budget, administrative details, and special requirements.
Negotiate contracts with venue personnel, caterers, hospitality staff, A/V providers, and other vendors to acquire necessary services and activities for events while meeting budgetary objectives.
Monitor and oversee events from preparation and set-up through teardown to ensure adherence to planned format, compliance with regulations, cooperation between vendors, resolution of issues, and overall satisfaction of participants and sponsors.
Perform post-event tasks promptly such as meeting with clients to ensure satisfaction, reviewing invoices and bills, approving payments, and documenting issues and resolutions.
Evaluate potential locations, providers, vendors, and other professionals frequently to determine viability for future events and build a personal knowledge base to better serve clients.
- 1+ years professional meeting/event planning and execution (nonprofit or association experience a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, nonprofit management or related field
- Innovative and resourceful; actively seeks opportunities to improve the event planning process and attendee experience
- Ability to see the big picture and strategically align events with overarching client goals
- Experience with negotiating and building partnerships with vendors is desirable
- High energy, positive, professional attitude, take pride in work product
- Great team member: willing to roll up your sleeves and pitch in to help your colleagues when needed
- Tech-savvy; strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office, CRM and/or AMS platforms, event registration systems, and online applications
- Basic website management experience and/or knowledge of CMS platforms, email marketing programs, and HTML preferred
- Exceptional client service skills and enjoys working with the public
- Experience working with multiple clients simultaneously is desirable
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage concurrent tasks efficiently
- Superior attention to detail; first-class organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Employee Assistance Program