Learning design | Geneva, Switzerland | Full Time and Temporary
LSi is looking for a high-potential learning leader who loves tackling wicked problems
ASAP (applications reviewed as they are received)
NB Please read and think before clicking "Apply". We only follow up on applicants include a compelling motivation letter. If you don't match the specifications but still think you can contribute, tell us why.
3 months minimum
Internship (usually volunteer/unpaid, with monthly stipend contingent on profile and funding)
Flexible, can be based anywhere (virtual global team)
What we are looking for
The Scholar Partnership is the conjunction of the University of Illinois College of Education, the Geneva Learning Foundation, and Learning Strategies International. We are developing new Scholar courses that will launch in 2017. This internship will provide practical experience and help rapidly develop skills and competencies needed to design, facilitate, and manage Scholar-based digital courses.
Alumni of the Geneva Learning Foundation's #DigitalScholar program are especially welcome to apply.
The Make It So (MISo) team takes wild ideas from LSi’s talent network and makes them happen. We are looking for an intern to contribute to and learn from an LSi Wicked Problem Pilot Project (WP3). We expect you to bring the skills you already have to the party – and to leave with new, cutting-edge competencies.
Under the guidance of the MISo project manager, you will change the world with LSi’s masters of technology and pedagogy by doing one or more of the following:
- Help keep the team on track with your razor-sharp, creative project management skills.
- Support the learning experience designer and/or the learning technology lead by delivering on specific tasks.
- Invent and implement a brilliant social marketing and communication strategy for the project to ‘cross the chasm’ to our audiences.
- Help manage a digital community of learners from all over the world.
- Support mixed methods and learning analytics research to help improve both processes and results.
- Write great copy in English with perfect grammar and spelling.
Minimum qualifications, experience and capabilities
- Formal qualification in education and/or computer science.
- Up-to-date with the latest and greatest innovations in learning technologies (or capable of getting there fast).
- Ability to thrive in a VUCA, agile, decentralized, lean, global virtual team (across time zones and cultures).
Preferred qualifications, experience and capabilities
- Advanced degree (MA, PhD, D.Ed.) in education and/or computer science.
- Prior work experience in the edutech and digital learning design world.
- Experience with teaching and learning in Scholar.
- Experience in humanitarian, global health and/or development work.
Why it’s great to join our team
Join LSi and you get to use your talent to make a difference, work with world-class academic, corporate and non-profit partners, and plug into an amazingly diverse global talent network of learning leaders.
Based in Geneva, Switzerland, LSi.io is a talent network that connects leaders from everywhere – across corporate, academic, and humanitarian/development sectors – to solve ‘wicked’ problems through learning innovation. We work with our network members and partners on scalable solutions to solve knowledge and learning problems, tightly aligned with organizational mission and strategy. We bet on people’s potential to adapt and change to not just survive but thrive in a volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous (VUCA) world.