Los Angeles Operations Manager
Operations & Finance | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Loveseat.com is seeking an experienced operations manager to head up our Los Angeles warehouse location. We are a hybrid online/offline vintage furniture retailer that focuses on great value furniture for the everyday consumer. The ideal candidate has 5+ years experience running a large organization of warehouse employees. You will be heading up our largest location and will work directly with the two founders of the company.
Our Los Angeles location is a 22.5k sqft warehouse open to the public and located just outside of the Arts District in Downtown LA. We currently have around 12 part time and full time employees working there on a daily basis in the following roles: sales, warehouse movers, road crew, photographer. We are a fast-paced environment with new vintage furniture inventory arriving every day that needs to be picked up, cleaned, photographed, and presented for sale. We also conduct our own deliveries four days a week. Customers find us via online marketing tools and our website, and many choose to visit the warehouse in person before making a purchasing decision.
We consider this position to be one of the most important in the company and are dedicated to finding the right person to fill it. It is an opportunity with a lot of growth, as we believe our Los Angeles has the potential to operate at 3x its present size in regards to inventory level and revenue.
- Overall responsibility for Los Angeles warehouse P&L.
- Overseeing all operations of 22.5k sqft warehouse in DTLA.
- Hiring employees in the following roles: sales, warehouse, road crew, photographer.
- Managing the flow of inventory from when it is purchased, picked up from our suppliers, cleaned, photographed, presented for sale, sold, picked up by or delivered to our customers.
- Ensuring our two trucks and warehouse are maintained.
- Familiarity with financial concepts such as product margin, income statements and days of inventory.
- Ability to be an inspirational and effective team leader for a diverse team.
- Adaptability to change and comfort with a fast-paced environment.
- Excellence in taking directions and delegating to team members.
- Experience managing a large group of warehouse employees.
- Loveseat offers medical, dental and vision benefits. You would be eligible to enroll in either of our benefit plans after a 28-day contractor period.
- All salaried employees also receive 17 days of Paid Time Off per year, including holidays and sick days.
- Stock option grant.