Editorial | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Love Inc., the rapidly-growing publishing company behind the award-winning digital brands loveMONEY.com, loveFOOD.com and loveEXPLORING.com and the forthcoming lovePROPERTY.com, is looking for an enthusiastic, creative lifestyle writer bursting to tell great stories covering the worlds of finance, business, luxury, property, food and travel.
You will create content that will be an absolute must-read for audiences not only in the UK, but around the globe.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Coming up with exciting story ideas and turning them into compelling photo-led pieces for our own sites and our third-party partners;
- Writing shorter news and feature stories for our own sites;
- Updating old content as necessary so it is up to date;
- Monitoring performance and understand what’s worked and what hasn’t and why using analytics tools (full training will be provided);
- Deputising for the Managing Editor when required.
Skills and attributes needed
- A passion for digital journalism and telling great stories through mediums such as photo galleries and listicles.
- Experience of writing for the web.
- Photo editing skills a bonus.
- Awareness of social media and search engine optimisation.
- Experience of using a content management system beneficial (training will be provided).
- Good interpersonal/communication skills.
- Excellent project/time management and organisational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail (e.g. grammar, style, consistency).
- Basic HTML capabilities preferred.
How to apply
As part of your application for this role, we would like you to send us four ideas for photo-led stories. Two should be on the topics of money, property or luxury, and two on food and/or travel. These ideas should appeal to a global audience, not just the UK. Tell us why you’ve chosen each topic and why it would appeal to a global mainstream audience. You should include these ideas as part of your cover letter.
Your application must also include an up-to-date CV and a cover letter detailing why you would be right for this role.
We offer a competitive salary dependent on experience plus a bonus scheme.