Deputy Editor - Money and Property
Editorial | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
We are looking for a Deputy Editor to work across two of our lifestyle websites, the award-winning loveMONEY.com and the soon-to-be-launched lovePROPERTY.com. We are looking for someone who can create and edit high-quality consumer-oriented digital content. This role offers an exciting opportunity for an experienced digital journalist or editor with a knowledge of and passion for personal finance and property.
- Assist in the day-to-day running of loveMONEY.com and lovePROPERTY.com
- Put together email newsletters and assist with running social media accounts
- Commission personal finance and property features from our established team of freelance writers
- Sub and upload features from freelance journalists
- Write features and news items including photo research and editing
- Use SEO techniques to ensure copy is optimised where appropriate
- Use analytics to review content performance and identify opportunities
- Generate ideas for new content and for expanding existing themes
- Assist with maintaining PR relationships and seek out new opportunities
To do this role, you’ll need to be/have...
- Passionate and knowledgeable about personal finance and property
- At least three years’ experience of producing engaging content for digital audiences
- An understanding of SEO and using social media to engage users
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Basic photo editing skills (ideally using Photoshop)
- Proven excellent interpersonal/communication skills
- A proactive attitude with a willingness to use your initiative
- Experience of using a content management system (full training on our system will be provided)
- Excellent project/time management, organisational skills and attention to detail
If this sounds like your ideal job, please submit your application online via this site.
Please make sure you include your CV, salary expectations, a detailed cover letter stating why you believe you have the right skills and experience for this role, along with recent examples of your work (e.g. links to recent and relevant online publications you have worked for).
Please also suggest four ideas (two UK personal finance, two property) for brilliant stories that you believe would be attractive to the loveMONEY and forthcoming lovePROPERTY audiences, complete with killer headlines, a short summary of the idea and why it would be successful.
This can be included at the bottom of your cover letter.