Web Development | Brooklyn, NY
Do you cringe at poorly designed software and websites? Do you pride yourself on composing beautiful interfaces that can transform a complex problem into a efficient user experience? Well, you just might have a home for you! We’re on the hunt for a creative UI/UX Designer with keen aesthetic instincts and a killer portfolio that proves it to join our talented team.
Our business model is centered around fair-trade and we value commitment to transparency and equitable treatment for creative workers above all else. Consequently, we're building an online distribution platform geared towards supporting cultural institutions, providing them with tools to create more opportunities around creative, not-overtly-commercial (you know, good) music. Our app takes a holistic approach to music creation, distribution and consumption to become a self-perpetuating engine, as it will present real value to all principals involved—artists, audiences, institutions.
This position will play a key role in the execution of Loove’s user experience, visual design, brand aesthetic and product strategy. You will have a lot of responsibilities and will be relied on, within an Agile framework, to execute with timeliness and consistency and do your part to support a lean but talented team in addition to working in an open and collaborative way with other company functions including content, operations, editorial, etc
- Create a visually beautiful and satisfying product and interactive experience
- Ensure a consistency in the look and feel across all stages of user experience
- Producing superb quality design work in-line with business goals, design priorities, deadlines and processes
- Contribute and build design concepts for new product features in valid and scalable HTML/CSS
- Revise designs based on data, analytics and business goals and refine design processes as needed
Must be creative and innovative with great visual design sensibilities. Must be able to understand the way transactions are made in the media space as we are looking to refactor them in a way that’s informative and beneficial to all participants (i.e. take a fresh look at these core functions (sales, streaming, editorial displace, etc.) are set up.
An understanding of branding and visual voice is key. Must have a keen eye for detail, consistency. This position must also be able to thrive and communicate in a fast-paced, constantly changing startup environment. Additional qualifications include:
- 4+ years of design experience (web/mobile/digital products) product design, UX/UI design, interaction design
- Strong online portfolio that exhibits expertise in visual design, UI/UX, and application work
- Show strong understanding of design tools such as Sketch, OmniGraffle, Photoshop, Creative Suite/InDesign and Illustrator
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS, particularly sass frameworks
- Proven ability to deliver strong design product and partner effectively with engineers
- Detail-orientation and the ability to prioritize design tasks
- Comfort and ability to thrive within an iterative design process, balancing expediency with quality of design
- Excellent communication skills and ability to pitch user-centered design scenarios clearly
- Keen ability to consider and incorporate feedback
- Great portfolio showcasing modern interactive design
Please respond with your 1.) resume, 2.) cover letter as well as 3.) links to apps / sites you've worked on previously (including your own), along with your github, dribbble or any other account which might allow us to peer into your world.
Please, no phone calls, emails or drop-ins. No recruiters, thank you.