Technical Manager for Audiovisual studio
Studio & Production | Brooklyn, NY | Full Time
Brooklyn-based music technology startup and production studio seeks a manager to oversee facility operations, manage staff producers and technicians, work productively with our client base, and to drive our outward-facing events and production processes.
Candidates should have strong project management skills and be prepared to take on direct reports in overseeing maintenance, business and technical operations for the studio facility.
We’re looking for a candidate with owners’ experience; strong management, analytical and communications skills, some background in the arts, design or media and ability to drive projects independently or delegate as needed.
• Facilitate studio booking and outreach processes and assist with business development efforts
• Oversee live events program within the studio, attend to security, production and core PM processes
• Oversee media production and media management processes with the studio’s production and technical staff
• Direct technical integration, testing and upgrade processes across entire facility
• Oversee contractors, engineers, and designers across a range of building maintenance and improvement projects
• Attend to core security, maintenance and safety-related tasks for the studio and facility
• Oversee negotiations and administrative processes with consultants, contractors, freelancers, clients
• 7+ years of experience managing a media studio and/or events space (owner/operator experience preferred)
• Superb project management and data management skills
• Great written communication skills, familiarity with project management platforms
• Strong analytical skills- should be able to generate basic, budgets, financial models and drive analysis as needed
• Include the following phrase in the top of your cover letter- James said a horn is a drum
• Design / build experience preferred, strong background in IT and/or electrical engineering desirable
• Strong background in creative music
For consideration, please apply through JobScore with resume and cover letter
No phone calls, emails, drop-ins or recruiters, please.
Loove Labs is a music-tech startup with roots in arts activism. Borrowing ideas from non-profits as well as the art market itself, the company is creating a new model for how work is funded, produced, promoted, and distributed from end to end. We employ that model in our own facilities, directly curating, producing and presenting work to engage and inform audiences who support it.