Project Architect/Architectural Project Manager
Facilities | Brooklyn, NY | Full Time
We're an artist-run creative media studio and music/tech startup with a small team of programmers, designers, engineers, philosophers and tacticians designing a new web distribution platform and working on media at our offices in central Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
We are looking for an experienced Project Architect/Architectural Project Manager to join our team in the efforts of working through a renovation/build at our two properties.
Duties, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Positive, out-going, energetic and fun team player who enjoys working in a collaborative team environment
- Superior verbal, written and graphic communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Proven ability to function in all phases of the project development from schematic design through project closeout
- High-level of design competence and expertise in the following:
- Must understand and be able to articulate the Brand aesthetic
- Must possess an elevated design sensibility and knowledge of architectural and interior design details.
- Must have strong programming and space planning skills.
- Strong working knowledge of NY State Building Codes and agency requirements
- Developing project proposals and execution plans
- Assist with the preparation and execution of all contracts and agreements
- Responsible for meeting the overall project design schedule, fee, and construction budget
- Organize the project team and direct the work in an orderly manner
- Lead and document internal and external meetings
- Knowledge/proficiency in AutoCAD a plus
- BS Architecture, 6+ years experience
- Architectural License, State of New York a plus
We’ll be trusting you to:
Work closely with the CEO, Co-Founder and CIO to drive two renovation projects at our 2 locations in Williamsburg and be able to think strategically about the organization’s goals, needs, and pain points.
Be involved in the entire process of the build project from site preparation to building completion, including:
- Overseeing elements of the design and construction processes, including developing, organizing and reviewing building plans, as well as preparing construction contracts for general contractors.
- Interviewing and hiring contractors for the proposed projects, consult with stakeholders, and assist generating cost estimates based on equipment, materials and labor requirements.
- Ensure that construction projects meet environmental, safety, structural, zoning and aesthetic standards.
- Determine and schedule different stages of the building process according to client needs. Monitor progress and ascertain whether phases of the construction process are in compliance with building plans and project deadlines.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience, please let us know your range.
Please reply with resume, cover letter and salary requirements.