Operations | Brooklyn, NY | Full Time
Artist - operated music and technology startup in Williamsburg, Brooklyn seeks a flexible and resourceful Operations Manager to support an ever-changing range of projects and oversee the day-to-day operations. We’re looking for a proactive, observant, detail-oriented candidate who demonstrates a spirit of thoughtful accountability and leadership matching our energetic, fast-moving developing business.
This person will report to the Director of Operations and work closely with both co-founders to be an integral and critical part of the management team.
- Define, improve and maintain processes surrounding corporate governance (e.g. operating agreements, lease agreements, IP filings and legal affairs)
- Oversee human resources, support recruiting efforts by identifying and vetting new hires; onboarding, off boarding, and maintain compliance
- Track departmental budgets across projects. QuickBooks: data entry, A/P and A/R, vendor record maintenance, regular journal entries
- Drive and coordinate cross-team activities and provide clear, relevant communication regarding each department's objectives
- Generalist with proven experience managing multiple aspects of a business
- Flexible, creative leader who can thrive in a dynamic startup environment
- Highly capable manager who can attract and retain top talent
- Ability to think strategically from a systems-wide perspective, identifying opportunities for greater efficiency and optimizing resources and talent
- Finance experience, including budget models and QuickBooks
- Superior verbal and written communications
- Firsthand experience in arts management and / or media production
- Passionate about promoting arts and culture
Compensation commensurate with experience (and with our status as a self-funded, pre-launch startup).
Loove Labs is a music-tech startup with roots in arts activism. Borrowing ideas from non-profits as well as the art market itself, we’re creating a new model for how work is funded, produced, managed, promoted, and distributed from end to end. We build technology for cultural institutions committed to creating new opportunities for artists, and who believe that giving audiences access to more information and control will inspire their confidence to fundamentally reshape the marketplace for the arts. We employ that model in our own facilities, directly curating, producing and presenting work to engage and inform audiences who support it.
Interested in working at the forefront of music, technology and culture? Apply by sending a cover letter and resume.
No phone calls, emails, drop-ins or recruiters, please.