Marketing | Brooklyn, NY | Full Time
We are a Brooklyn based music startup, studio and production space.
We're building an app that will offer cultural institutions and artists a new set of tools for the distribution of good music.
As one of those cultural institutions, we are also launching a label of our own.
We're looking for someone to spearhead our marketing strategy.
That someone is philosophical about messaging and analytical about results.
Cares deeply about music and the people who make it.
Is passionate about technology, can keep up with the speed of innovation.
Wants to be a part of something positive, and can infect others with their excitement about it.
We have ideals, and we actually care about them. We value fair trade, transparency, equitable treatment.
We dig people who value same.
- Shepherd our voice and brand identity, ensuring consistency across the board in our messaging
- Develop a marketing and branding strategy for our web platform and app, as well as driving the marketing and branding of our studio, performance space, and labels
- Be responsible for understanding our target audience and communicating effectively with them, helping to shape a great user experience
- Develop a user acquisition strategy; leveraging a multi-channel approach, including but not limited to paid search, email marketing, content marketing, display advertising, print and through partnerships
- Drive the development of our consumer marketing strategy, plans and execution
- Be responsible for hiring and/or managing freelance copywriters and graphic designers
- Deliver relevant and targeted content to highlight and promote projects
- Collect and analyze fan and project data to inform the improvement of customer experience across all company touch points
- Lead public-facing endeavors and other PR strategies to drive awareness
- Collaborate with the Founders, Label Strategy and Product Development to advance goals of the Company.
- A passion for music
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or related field is preferred
- 5-8 years of marketing with increased level of responsibilities and heavy focus on customer acquisition and digital marketing
- Demonstrated experience growing a team in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, with a track record of proven leadership, a collaborative mindset and big picture thinking
- Must be an articulate professional with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytic skills to inform decision-making
- External agency/vendor management experience would be an added bonus
Our staff is diverse, multitalented & multicultural - we welcome applicants with a background in the arts, media and technology as well as corporate refugees. If you have any work samples we encourage you to include them in your application.
Compensation commensurate with experience (and with our status as a self-funded startup). Please include your desired income in your cover letter.
Please, no phone calls, emails or drop-ins.