IT Systems Specialist
IT | Brooklyn, NY | Full Time, Part Time, and Contract
We're an artist-run creative media studio and music/tech startup looking for a multidisciplinary IT Systems Specialist to join our small team of programmers, designers, engineers, philosophers and tacticians designing a new web distribution platform and working on media at our offices in central Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
The ideal candidate is a subject-matter expert on one or more relevant technologies but has an inherent curiosity regarding tech of all kinds and is excited by the chance to take frequent deep-dives into technologies that he/she may have never touched.
You might be a systems administrator who’s infected by the audiophile bug, a post-production engineer who builds servers at home and knows your way around a firewall, or a network engineer who plays drums and built a serious studio in your basement complete with sound dampening and dedicated IG circuits. If this sounds like it might be you, keep on reading!
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP concepts and experience troubleshooting connectivity issues using standard industry tools
- Experience supporting PCs and Macs, preferably in an Active Directory domain. This should include basic hardware support and upgrades, software installation and maintenance, and experience with enterprise antivirus solutions
- AD account provisioning and management
- Comfortable deploying bare metal and/or virtual servers and familiar with basic provisioning of machines running Windows Server and Linux
- Experience managing networked storage
- Active Directory implementation, restructuring, and administration
- Experience with physical asset management systems
- LAMP stack deployment
- Analog hardware build, repair and integration
- Designing interfaces and tangible control devices
- Cable terminations and dressing – A/V, data, electrical, etc.
- Hyper-V and/or VMware administration
- Network infrastructure planning/deployment/management and security best practices
- Unix/Linux system administration
- Formal studies in electrical engineering
- Imaginative hack and/or build work
- Live multitrack audio recording, video capture, or post-production wizardry
- VoIP administration
- Experience with project management software
- Ruby on Rails
We’ll be trusting you to:
- Work closely with the Director of IT and the Director of Studio Operations to drive a range of IT, data management, and production-related tasks, and be able to think strategically about the organizations goals, needs, and pain points.
- Assist in designing, deploying, and maintaining equipment and systems in all areas of our technical infrastructure, including (but not limited to) audio/video production and post-production equipment and software, NLE rigs, network switches, firewalls, and routers, networked storage arrays, and physical and virtual servers.
- Be a creative problem solver with strong communication skills and the ability to clearly convey complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Proactively monitor our systems and services to ensure the integrity and availability of all key resources.
- Conduct discovery and diagnostic tests and troubleshoot all technical issues as they arise.
- Create and update documents and diagrams of the network configuration, tech infrastructure, and critical processes.
- Have a natural curiosity and aptitude for solving challenges with gear of all sorts.
Please reply with resume and cover letter.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience, please let us know your range.