Facilities / Building Manager for Music / Tech Startup
Operations | Brooklyn, NY | Full Time
Fair trade, artist-run music and technology startup in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, NY seeks resourceful, hands-on Facility Manager with a keen eye for detail, excellent project management, administrative and communications skills, and experience developing successful maintenance protocols across multiple properties.
This leadership position would involve developing a focused team, collaborating closely with our founders, technology, media and marketing personnel, and maintaining our physical plant while advancing a range of large- and small-scale building and renovation projects.
- Oversee security, maintenance and custodial operations for two separate properties
- Develop and implement preventative maintenance procedures
- Serve as point person for all facility renovations
- Source and implement high-quality and cost-efficient facilities, construction, and renovation solutions
- Develop and evaluate bids
- Oversee all facilities-related purchasing
- Work with existing property management company and on-site super
- Manage one assistant
- Proven expertise in building and/or facilities management in New York City
- Superior project management skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work on multi-disciplinary projects
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience managing creative personalities
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or management
- Arts background helpful
- Design experience welcome
Interested in working at the forefront of music, technology and culture? Apply by sending a cover letter and resume.
No phone calls, emails, drop-ins or recruiters, please.
The Loove is a Brooklyn-based music and technology startup, label, recording studio and production space. Our business model is centered on fair trade, and we value commitment to transparency and equitable treatment for creative workers. We plan an honest, holistic approach to music creation, distribution and consumption that will become a self-perpetuating engine offering real value to all involved—artists, institutions, and audiences.