Service Manager - Residential & Commercial Properties
Property Management | Washington, DC | Full Time
Longford Management owns and operates residential and commercial properties in the Washington-Baltimore metropolitan area. Our extensive experience in finance, construction, business development, and real estate, helps our clients protect their investments, eliminate vacancies and take the right steps to achieve great living and working environments for residents and tenants. At Longford Management we get to know our investors on a personal level and are reliable allies in partnerships built on trust and respect. We are known for:
- Being Always Available
- Providing an Unparalleled Personal Touch
- Rapid Results
- Knowledge of Our Markets
- Great Technology, Great People, Great Workplace
- You have 5+ years of experience as a Service Manager leading teams of at least three maintenance technicians.
- You have proven knowledge and success in the area of electrical, plumbing, HVAC, appliance repair, carpentry and OSHA standards and know how to quickly spot issues and direct staff to solutions.
- You bring out the best in people who work with you.
- You hold licenses for HVAC Universal, CMC, and maybe Electrical and Plumbing certificates. You have your OSHA 10 certification, or can obtain it within 90 days of hire. Oh, and a valid driver’s license of course.
- You’ve never met a service problem you couldn’t solve; your creativity is legendary.
- You can concisely describe problematic physical conditions to non-technical team members but are also able to speak on an equal technical level with contractors and design professionals when discussing existing conditions and proposed designs or solutions.
- You have experience with property management and/or ticket tracking software and are able to create reports and analyze property performance metrics related to work order completion, turnover, and preventive maintenance.
- It would be great if you have Spanish language skills.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Service Manager maintains a high level of quality and efficiency of all aspects of the maintenance operation within Longford, including personnel, budgeting, planning and scheduling, capital project management, inspections, technical assistance, monitoring work order and turnover completion, purchasing, and other tasks to achieve market objectives for the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process, log, and correct maintenance issues, and building defects, and propose suitable solutions/options, and approximation of costs.
- Schedule and supervise completion of routine tasks and special projects by maintenance tech teams.
- Provide technical guidance to team on maintenance-related items.
- Develop and oversee a thorough preventive maintenance (PM) program to ensure that all building systems, elements and components are maintained and serviced according to industry standards and manufacturer requirements.
- Inspect properties and insure that cleaning, grounds keeping, inventory control, and general maintenance is being performed according to company policies and procedures, and that the property has consistent excellent curb appeal.
- Create detailed scopes of work for CapEx projects, manage competitive bidding process, identify qualified contractors, and manage project through to successful completion.
- Ensure that unit turnover is completed on-budget to a high quality in an efficient timeframe.
- Work with Acquisition and Development teams on physical due diligence, provide estimates of operating cost; conduct plan review of building at design phase and make comment on layout that will enhance operations.
- Be a really good problem solver and creative thinker.
- Negotiate outside vendor contracts for the company, such as cleaning, landscaping, painting, flooring – monitor quality of services and correct work quality of vendors where needed. Evaluate and expand the existing pool of contractors and third-party service providers if needed.
- Work with Maintenance Techs to understand inventory needs, optimum quantities and ordering frequencies and amounts; help implement an inventory management system.
- Establish manpower needs across the company to ensure all properties are appropriately staffed with the right skillsets.
- Participate in the annual budget process for each property including a quarterly review of expenses related to maintenance, capital projects, and third-party contracted services; control when needed, update plans and projections accordingly.
- On Call to respond to after-hours emergencies and available to provide after-hours guidance and technical assistance to site staff via telephone.
- Monitor the compliance of safe work practices and use of PPE in the field – use positive reinforcement to correct behavior.
OTHER HELPFUL INFORMATION
- This position is based in our DC HQ but you will travel to properties based on specific needs/projects underway and as part of normal rotation to inspect/observe conditions and thoroughness/quality of operations
- Weekend, holiday and on-call work are required when needed.
- In this position there will be long periods of sitting and computer use but you’ll also need to be able to lift 50-75 pounds, climb ladders, and inspect properties, including roofs.