Senior Property Manager - Residential Portfolio
Property Management | Washington, DC | Full Time
Longford Management owns and operates residential and commercial properties in the Washington-Baltimore metropolitan area. Our extensive experience in finance, construction, business development, and real estate, helps our clients protect their investments, eliminate vacancies and take the right steps to achieve great living and working environments for residents and tenants. At Longford Management we get to know our investors on a personal level and are reliable allies in partnerships built on trust and respect. We are known for:
- Being Always Available
- Providing an Unparalleled Personal Touch
- Rapid Results
- Knowledge of Our Markets
- Great Technology, Great People, Great Workplace
- You have your Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent number of years of experience and training.
- You have 5+ years of experience as a Residential Property Manager.
- You anticipate and solve problems before anyone else even notices.
- You are a leader who excels at supervising and collaborating.
- You have exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills with the ability to work independently.
- Your manager would describe you as professional, organized, reliable, self-motivated, courteous, patient and compassionate.
- You are skilled at managing difficult or emotional customer situations.
- You have documented success in meeting or exceeding efficiency, financial, and service expectations.
- You like working with financials as well as operations.
- You write clearly and informatively and present numerical data effectively.
- You are proficient in Word, Excel and G Suite.
- You are an expert with Property Management software.
- You have your CPM, ARM, CCIM RAM, CAM, CPM, CAPS, NAHP, HCCP or other designations.
- You are licensed in DC or MD.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Senior Property Manager will manage and oversee a portfolio of residential assets and be responsible for achieving superior operational results and financial performance as well as best in class tenant services. Additional responsibilities include: tenant and vendor relations, property maintenance, capital projects, budgeting, monthly property reporting and other tasks to achieve market objectives for the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop rental agreements, select qualified residents, collect deposits and rents, enforce terms of rental agreements, resolve tenant complaints, oversee eviction proceedings if necessary.
- Maintain personal contact with residents. Promote good will, provide high quality service, and implement feedback and retention best-practices.
- Act as a liaison between residents and building owners and resolve complaints or requests from building residents.
- Maintain a familiarity with operating provisions enumerated in lease agreements and residents’ compliance with these provisions.
- Manages lease administration and regulatory compliance, including input into computerized system.
- Participate in local and regional trade associations and networking groups.
- Keep properties occupied with qualified residents through advertising, lead follow up, property showings for prospective residents.
- Develop and implement plans and procedures covering building cleaning, landscaping, sprinkler and fire safety, utilities, and maintenance.
- Establish and revise property management forms, reports, and manuals including updates, changes, and additions.
- Schedule maintenance and repairs, negotiate contracts with vendors, regularly inspect property to ensure it is in good working order, quickly resolve emergency maintenance issues.
- Keeps owner apprised on vacancies, residents, physical condition of property, financial issues.
- Develop proposals to initiate work and capital projects and oversee the timely construction of these projects.
- Negotiate, evaluate and administer service contracts for suppliers and vendors.
- Regularly inspect tenant spaces, public, mechanical and ground areas to ensure property maintenance and cleanliness. Conduct periodic inspection of vacant apartments for market-ready condition.
- Maintain Property Management Databases
- Approve work orders and payables. Track utility usage.
- Coordinate municipal applications and occupancy inspections.
- Assist with the acquisition and disposition of properties as it pertains to gathering, assembling, and logging of due diligence information as directed.
- Monitor, assist, and make recommendations to improve marketing activities; review occupancy status; recommend rent schedules.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports for our clients, lenders and investors.
- Assist in budget preparation and analysis – focused on capital expenditures and operating expenses.
- Prepare strategic plan for each asset in conjunction with ownership. Implement the plan, monitor progress and revise throughout the year as necessary.
OTHER HELPFUL INFORMATION
- This position is based in our DC HQ but you will travel to properties based on specific needs/projects underway and as part of normal rotation to inspect/observe conditions and thoroughness/quality of operations so reliable transportation is required.
- Weekend, holiday and on-call work are required when needed.
- In this position there will be long periods of sitting and computer use but you’ll also need to be able to lift up to 25 pounds, climb ladders, and inspect properties, including roofs.