Maintenance Technician (General)
Maintenance | Washington, DC | Full Time
Longford Management owns and operates residential and commercial properties in the Baltimore-Washington metropolitan area. Our extensive experience in finance, construction, business development, and real estate, helps our clients protect their investments, eliminate vacancies and take the right steps to achieve great living and working environments for residents and tenants. At Longford Management we get to know our investors on a personal level and are reliable allies in partnerships built on trust and respect. We are known for:
- Being Always Available
- Providing an Unparalleled Personal Touch
- Rapid Results
- Knowledge of Our Markets
- Great Technology, Great People, Great Workplace
ABOUT THE JOB
- The Maintenance Technician is responsible for repair, service, inspection and maintenance of residential and commercial properties.
- You have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- You have 1-3 years’ experience in residential and commercial building maintenance.
- You have experience with HVAC, carpentry, appliance repair, electrical and plumbing.
- You are able to travel to multiple properties daily in the DC / Metro area.
- You are able to work independently.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- It would be great if you have Spanish language skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Make plumbing repairs, and determine when a plumber is needed.
- Respond to tenant service requests.
- Perform basic electrical repairs and determine when an electrician is required.
- Perform unit turns, including wall repair, painting, floor repair and refinishing, kitchen rehab, ceramic work and basic carpentry.
- Repair appliances as needed.
- Maintain and conduct basic HVAC maintenance and/or determine when an HVAC firm is needed.
- Monitor and replace light bulbs.
- Provide pre-move-in and move-out inspections
- Snow and ice removal.
- Light janitorial and external clean-up
OTHER HELPFUL INFORMATION
- This position is based in our DC HQ but you will travel to properties.
- Weekend, holiday and on-call work are required when needed.
- In this position you’ll need to be able to lift 50-75 pounds, climb ladders, and work on residential and commercial properties, including roofs.
Longford Management is an equal opportunity employer.