HVAC Maintenance Technician
Maintenance | Washington, DC | Full Time
Longford Management owns and operates residential and commercial properties in the Baltimore-Washington metropolitan area. Our extensive experience in finance, construction, business development, and real estate, helps our clients protect their investments, eliminate vacancies and take the right steps to achieve great living and working environments for residents and tenants. At Longford Management we get to know our investors on a personal level and are reliable allies in partnerships built on trust and respect. We are known for:
- Being Always Available
- Providing an Unparalleled Personal Touch
- Rapid Results
- Knowledge of Our Markets
- Great Technology, Great People, Great Workplace
ABOUT THE JOB
- The HVAC Maintenance Technician is responsible for repair, service, inspection, and maintenance of residential and commercial HVAC systems and assists with general property maintenance repairs.
- Must have 5-10 years’ experience with residential and commercial HVAC systems.
- Must have 1-3 years’ experience in residential and commercial building maintenance to include carpentry, appliance repair, and/or electrical.
- Must be able to travel to multiple properties daily in the DC / Metro area.
- Have understanding of advanced principles of air conditioning, refrigeration and heating.
- Have working knowledge of boiler systems.
- Proficient in balancing air and water treatment systems in line with HVAC protocols.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in reading schematics and work plans.
- Ability to work after hours, over weekends and on holidays with short or no notice (on-call).
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- High school diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Install, maintain, and repair ventilation and air conditioning systems and equipment.
- Identify maintenance risks on equipment.
- Diagnose electrical and mechanical faults for HVAC systems and/or determine when an HVAC firm is needed.
- Clean, adjust, and repair systems.
- Performing emergency repairs promptly and efficiently.
- Providing technical direction and on-the-job training.
- Keeping daily logs and records of all maintenance functions.
- Ensuring compliance with appliance standards and with Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Complying with service standards, work instructions and customers' requirements.
- Assist with tenant/customers' queries and service requests.
- Repair appliances as needed.
- Make basic plumbing repairs and determine when a plumber is needed.
- Perform basic electrical repairs and determine when an electrician is required.
- Perform unit turns, including wall repair, painting, floor repair and refinishing, kitchen rehab, ceramic work and basic carpentry.
- Monitor and replace light bulbs.
- Provide pre-move-in and move-out inspections
- Snow and ice removal.
- Light janitorial and external clean-up
OTHER HELPFUL INFORMATION
- This position is based in our DC HQ but you will travel to properties.
- Spanish speaking/language skills preferred.
- In this position you’ll need to be able to lift 50-75 pounds, climb ladders, and work on residential and commercial properties, including roofs.
Longford Management is an equal opportunity employer.