Assistant Property Manager
Property Management | Washington, DC | Full Time
Longford Management owns and operates residential and commercial properties in the Washington-Baltimore metropolitan area. Our extensive experience in finance, construction, business development, and real estate, helps our clients protect their investments, eliminate vacancies and take the right steps to achieve great living and working environments for residents and tenants. At Longford Management we get to know our investors on a personal level and are reliable allies in partnerships built on trust and respect. We are known for:
- Being Always Available
- Providing an Unparalleled Personal Touch
- Rapid Results
- Knowledge of Our Markets
- Great Technology, Great People, Great Workplace
- You have your Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent number of years of experience and training.
- You have 2+ years of experience in residential property management.
- You have familiarity with Social Media.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You anticipate and solve problems before anyone else even notices.
- You have exposure to rent collection processes, budget and account receivables.
- You have proven ability to excel with limited supervision.
- You understand that residential property management requires occasional weekend, holiday, and on-call work so you’re not looking for M-F 9-5 work.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Assistant Property Manager will support the Senior Property Manager with a portfolio of residential assets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Address and promptly resolves questions, requests, and complaints from tenants.
- Coordinate necessary repairs and maintenance, including emergency calls.
- Maintain accurate records of both phone and walk-in traffic.
- Manage records and files for current tenants.
- Conduct market surveys.
- Create and distribute marketing materials for the property management company.
- Assist with resident events.
- Assist in supporting Social Media campaigns.
- Process rent payments and follows up on late payments.
- Greet prospective residents, determine needs and preferences, and present and show the property and amenities in a professional manner.
- Process applications, conduct credit checks and call references.
- Prepare, distribute and collect leases and ensures that all required legal documents are signed.
- Assist with application verification and notify potential residents in a timely manner.
- Comply with all Federal and Local Fair Housing regulations and ordinances.
OTHER HELPFUL INFORMATION
- This position is based in our DC HQ but you will regularly travel to properties.
- In this position there will be long periods of sitting and computer use but you’ll also need to be able to lift up to 25 pounds, climb ladders, and inspect properties, including roofs.
Longford Management is an equal opportunity employer.