Research & Evaluation Intern
Program | Portland, OR | Internship
Position Summary/Overview/ Description:
Living Yoga is a robust organization providing 34 weekly trauma-informed classes to 24 partner sites across the Portland metro region. We are seeking a Program Evaluation and Grant Writing Intern who will work closely with our Executive Director (ED) to measure our programmatic outcomes, develop recommendations and utilize this data to prepare grant proposals.
Type of Employment: Educational Internship (unpaid); 8 – 12 hours per week for 6 – 9 months beginning in Spring, 2018
- Oversee the annual program evaluation process, including facilitation of survey distribution and collection. Collaborate with statistician to analyze annual results. Provide programmatic recommendations (report) based upon data analysis. Design how data can be used to inform program planning / program management.
- Assist the ED in identifying new grant opportunities and support the ED and grant writer with grant proposals, including drafting written content and preparing grant submissions.
- Compile grant proposal content evidencing yoga as a treatment tool, using Living Yoga’s outcome data and national research and trends.
- Serve as primary liaison with Principal Investigators for current research initiatives. Develop study timelines and oversee projects, including logistical aspects.
- Partner with Principal Investigators to draft population specific cohort study proposals.
- Identify strategic research opportunities for Living Yoga going forward.
- Draft press releases and articles to communicate outcome data and research findings.
- Professional communicator and exceptional writing skills
- Well-organized with high regard for accuracy; detail-oriented
- Self-motivated, ability to follow instructions and complete a project
● High level of proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel, Google Suite, Mac, and familiarity with web-based databases
- Work or school experience in Social or Behavioral Sciences
- Basic understanding of survey/ evaluation methodologies and/ or statistics
- Appreciation of the healing benefits of yoga
Benefits: Nonprofit Experience, Letters of Reference, Professional Feedback, significantly discounted Continuing Education Classes and Free Yoga Mat!
Living Yoga is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We highly encourage people with diverse backgrounds and experiences, people of color, queer, transgender, and gender nonconforming to apply. Our work culture is trauma-informed, recover sensitive, and equity focused.