Operations & Inclusion Manager
Program | Portland, OR | Full Time
Title: Operations & Inclusion Manager
Rate of Pay: $20-23 per hour, 30 hours per week
Since 1998, Living Yoga has provided trauma-informed yoga as a treatment tools for trauma recovery and resiliency in youth and adults in correctional facilities, drug treatment centers and behavioral/mental health facilities. With a small, passionate staff, 200+ volunteers, and strong community support, Living Yoga works alongside and within vulnerable and marginalized communities to provide access to trauma-informed yoga and healing for all. Our work culture is trauma-informed, recovery sensitive, and equity focused. We place great value on transparency, respect, and compassion in our communication with each other, volunteers, students, and donors.
We are looking for an Operations & Inclusion Manager to support the Executive Director in overseeing the organization's major functions, while prioritizing internal and external diversity, equity and inclusion goals in the implementation of our planning, program, and fund development practices.
Strong candidates will have direct experience communicating effectively and professionally across differences, working across cultures in the recruitment and development of volunteers and staff, and applying an equity lens in the advancement of organizational initiatives. Additional preferred abilities include excellent time management and prioritization skills, critical thinking and listening skills, as well as experience with MS Office, Google Drive, and database programs to track and evaluate program details and growth. Some evening and weekend events included in schedule, as needed.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the executive director in planning and coordinating internal trainings for staff and board.
- Collaborate with staff to develop, implement, and track measurable and achievable diversity, equity, and inclusion goals which support Living Yoga’s strategic plan.
- Develop strategies focused on recruiting and retaining underrepresented populations within Living Yoga’s volunteers, staff, and board.
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of trauma resiliency training and continuing education workshops.
- Manage fee for service deliverables, including recruiting, scheduling, and overseeing contracted trainers; invoicing clients, and maintaining healthy client relations.
- Represent Living Yoga in community networking, identifying new potential partnerships or fee for service opportunities.
- Utilize database (eTapestry) to enter data, run data queries and organize information for program evaluation and reporting.
- Supervise research and evaluation interns and assist with annual program evaluation process and ongoing data analysis.
- Flexible schedule and work-life balance valued; mindful self-care supported
- Generous PTO accrual starts immediately
- Friendly, supportive, inclusive work environment
Living Yoga is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We highly encourage people with diverse backgrounds and experiences, people of color, queer, transgender, and gender nonconforming people to apply.
Living Yoga is committed to building and maintaining a diverse, safe, and inclusive work space. If you are excited about this position but do not meet 100% of the qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
Interested candidates should include a cover letter outlining how their experience prepares them for this job, along with a current resume.