Maintenance | Baltimore, MD | Full Time
LIVEbe is the multi-family division of Berman Enterprises and was established with a specific focus on fostering a sense of community by offering an unparalleled living experience for residents and employing LIVEAmbassadors who are forward thinking and passionate about providing exceptional customer service.
Learn more about LIVEbe on our website: www.livebe.com.
Why Do You Want This Job?
You are passionate about providing exceptional customer service. You love what you do and it shows in your ability to think of new and different ways of approaching challenges. You live our values of honesty, integrity, and hard work.
What Will This Job Require?
- 5+ years maintenance experience in individual HVAC repair and preventative maintenance of individual or central plant equipment, appliance, plumbing and electrical systems and repairs, fire safety equipment and repairs, supervision and preparation of turnover apartments and flooring installations.
- CFC Certification.
- Maryland 1st or 3rd Class, D.C. 1st or 3rd Class, preferred; however, experience in lieu of license will be considered.
- Ability to oversee and perform all maintenance repairs and duties independently, professionally and in a timely responsible manner.
- Previous supervisory experience with demonstrated ability to supervise 6 or more maintenance personnel.
- Initiative and motivation to continue training to develop skills, preferred, (i.e. license and certifications).
- Exceptional organizational, time management, scheduling, and delegation skills; Exceptional leadership/supervisory and personnel development skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, transportation to respond to emergency calls, and proof of motor vehicle insurance.
What are the Job Responsibilities?
- Be a collaborative member of the LIVEbe team helping with all aspects of the community.
- Supervise the maintenance staff to insure the highest standards for physical appearance of the community.
- Provide service for residents’ needs with respect to their apartment homes.
- Plan for and provide corrective, preventative and emergency maintenance.
- Insure safe and satisfactory operation of apartment appliances, minor plumbing/electrical carpentry, and floor repairs, assist with apartment turnover preparation, community equipment, HVAC systems and any other duties assigned.
- Comply with all Federal and Local Fair Housing regulations and ordinances.
- Comply with and support all OSHA and safety regulations.
What are the Physical Requirements of the Job?
- The duties and responsibilities will require all or some of the following physical applications:
- Lifting dead weight in excess of 40 pounds (bags of snow melting chemicals, air handlers, HVAC units, small appliances, etc.).
- Operating powered equipment where manual pushing, pulling or steering of equipment is required (snow blower, leaf vacuum, etc.).
- Operating powered equipment where manual lifting and transporting of apparatus is required (K-1500 auger, refrigerant recovery system, vacuum pump, etc.)
- Using powered tools requiring stability during operation and which may cause abnormal vibration to the body of the operator (saws-all, hammer drill, etc.).
- Using non-powered tools requiring stooping, bending, reaching or swinging tool above shoulders (shoveling, hammering, digging, etc.).
- Using non-powered equipment where manual pushing, pulling or steering of equipment is required (wheelbarrow, appliance dolly, chemical spreader, etc.).
- Climbing ladders to reach heights above 7 feet from ground (change light bulbs or fixtures, roof inspections, repairs to plumbing located in ceilings, etc.).
- Stooping, bending or crawling to gain access to confined areas, to effect repairs (crawl spaces, plumbing access panels, sink base cabinets for plumbing traps or garbage disposal repairs, etc.).
- Driving community equipment (trucks, tractors, riding lawn mowers, etc.).
LIVEbe is an equal opportunity employer.