Engineering | Draper, UT | Full Time
Who we are
LiveAuctioneers is the leading marketplace for fine art, collectibles, furniture, and jewelry.
Founded in 2002, LiveAuctioneers was the first in the industry to introduce mobile bidding, video streamed auctions, and more. The company continues to be a pioneer in the sale of rare treasures. In 2018, LiveAuctioneers helped facilitate $3 billion of sales by connecting 13 million of the world’s most knowledgeable collectors with thousands of passionate sellers of one-of-a-kind items.
LiveAuctioneers management team has started and/or grown market leading companies. The company’s most recent investment was led by Cove Hill Partners, investors in hugely innovative companies like NetDocuments and Strorable.
What the job is
We're a small company, that uses a small team approach (about 5-6 engineers per team). Our engineering team is based in our Draper, UT office (in the Salt Lake City, UT area).
We operate and build on a service oriented event driven architecture, utilizing continuous integration and continuous delivery. We are looking for an engineer to join us to help build this system. We build in Go, Node, React and React-Native. We use AWS with ECS, Docker and Lambdas which all use RabbitMQ for decoupled systems.
Experience in our exact stack is not a requirement, we’re looking for a person who is a curious doer. We are a small team, we look for individuals who can contribute at the highest level in all facets of the development cycle.
- Develop systems with Agile development methodologies and principles.
- Participate in planning, design, development, and implementation for multiple initiatives
- Play a role in project/iteration planning sessions, ensuring proposed short-term estimates are achievable and realistic
- Develop technical system design documents, QA Automation scripts
- Contributing to process-improvement initiatives in an effort to maximize velocity for the project team
Who are you
We are looking for someone who cares very much about testing, monitoring, metrics and especially about delivering software. You're someone who is not afraid to jump in, learn new things, and take ownership of what you've built.
You are a person who thrives working well with others across all disciplines of work. You are not afraid to ask questions when you’re stuck, and are anxious to support your teammates with answers in turn.
- A bachelor's degree in software engineering or a related field
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Strong CSS skills
- Ability to contribute to development best practices, patterns and architecture across teams.
- A broad set of technical experience including mastery within multiple software engineering technologies utilized in our stack
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented a challenge.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Decisive and critical thinker.
- Ability to collaborate with others.
- The ability to pair with other engineers on solving problems
- The ability to work effectively real-time with engineers in remote locations.
- The ability to consume services built by other teams or team members into your work
- A person who has a strong sense of ownership
- A person who has a strong sense of innovation
- Passionate learning the "right" way to do things and using that knowledge.
- Opinionated about how things are done, and willing to work within a team of people that may have other ideas.
- Familiarity with and ability to implement unit tests
- We look for people who have experience with the following tech stack:
- Tech: React, React Native, Node, Express, Redux, Webpack, Babel, Git
- Infrastructure: AWS, S3, Docker, Fastly
- A good development setup
- Competitive compensation
- Company-matched 401K
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- HSA matching, flexible spending account & commuter benefits
- Generous vacation policy
- Fully-stocked beverage fridge and snack pantry
- Weekly team lunches
- We promote a healthy Life/Work balance and believe in celebrating our successes together.
Go to https://careers.jobscore.com/careers/liveauctioneers/ to apply.