Senior Business Operations & Intelligence Manager
Sales | New York, NY | Full Time
Senior Business Operations & Intelligence Manager
Location: New York, NY
Awarded as one of Crain's 100 Best Places to Work in NYC for four consecutive years, LiveAuctioneers is the leading online marketplace for one-of-a-kind items, rare collectibles, and coveted goods. Our catalog includes everything from Picasso paintings to Michael Jackson's moonwalking shoes.
Last year LiveAuctioneers helped facilitate nearly $12 billion of sales by connecting millions of the world's most knowledgeable collectors with 5,000 passionate sellers of extraordinary items.
Founded in 2002, LiveAuctioneers was the first in the industry to introduce mobile bidding, video- streamed auctions, and numerous enhancements to the online auction market. As LiveAuctioneers continues to be a pioneer in the sale of exceptional items, you have an opportunity to join a company led by a management team who had a hand in starting and growing market-leading companies like Google, Seamless, 1stdibs, Universal, and IBM.
And very fortunately, everything good about us is growing.
• Competitive base salary & compensation, dependent on experience
• Regular catered lunches, happy hours, and events
• Generous, real vacations
• Company-matched 401K
• Comprehensive healthcare and dental
• Fully-stocked beverage fridge and snack pantry (when we're out of Work-from-Home)
You will be the right hand of the SVP of Strategic Accounts, identifying trends to inform key business strategy, driving analysis to stimulate key account expansion, and creating processes to increase our insight and predictive abilities into our business.
You will be a driving force behind our decisions about how to target and support key clients, and a leader in strengthening our data-driven culture. You will create the structure and cadence for reporting, forecasting, and client interaction.
This is a high-impact role with regular visibility with all levels of the organization. We are seeking a talent with strong strategic planning and financial acumen, who has creative ideas for sales engagement for large and complex customers; a deep analytic, business intelligence background; and has led a team in defining, landing and executing on strategic planning. You’ll be the Salesforce guru, analyzing and reporting on data sets (including writing SQL queries) that will inform our decision-making process with key client strategy.
• Manage the development of continuously-evolving forecast models and methodologies, owning the quantitative analysis of the performance of our sales team, customers, prospects, partners, markets, and products/services.
• Work with our leadership team to define and implement tracking for key business and operational metrics for key accounts.
• Strong business intelligence- Identify reporting issues and gaps in processes, and drive a timely resolution.
• You can hit the ground running, confidently able to draw immediate insights and make recommendations on and implement tools (dashboards, pipeline management, tear sheets, etc.) to support communication, reporting and servicing of our key accounts.
• Collaborate effectively with internal end-users and cross-functional teams to solve problems, implement new reporting solutions, and deliver successfully against high standards.
• A successful individual is a person that has a proven work ethic that drives the desired results, and has experience in sales or sales operations.
• This is a hands-on position - the ideal candidate must be willing to roll up the sleeves. In preparation for client reviews and meetings, you will lead planning and reporting efforts with relevant product and team leads.
• Bachelors degree + 5 years in Business Intelligence and Analytical roles in enterprise organizations.
• Experience working with Salesforce CRM is required.
• 2+ years of experience as a Salesforce administrator, ideally in the SaaS industry. Preferably with Salesforce Administrator 201 Certification.
• Advanced proficiency in SQL for querying databases.
• Advanced proficiency in MS Excel for data manipulation, reporting and KPIs.
• Proficiency building reports, dashboards and visualizations using self-service BI tools such as Chartio, Tableau, Domo, etc.
• Experience in the tech, SaaS, auction, antique, or art industry is a plus.
• Inquisitive, determined, and intelligent.
• Empowered to work with clients of all kinds, are well-articulated, and can convey value effectively.
• High-functioning, organized team player who can manage multiple requests in a timely manner.
• Doesn’t take themselves too seriously – low ego.
• Energized by a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
• Communicative and inspired to contribute and be a part of a team motivated to build a best- in-class auction platform.
• Challenged to find ways to work around issues in creative ways.
• Dedicated to supporting the customer.
• "Get it done" mentality.
• Ability to embrace new technologies, applications, and solutions.
• Self-motivated, but with a strong desire to work in a collaborative environment.