Sales Operations & Strategy Manager
Sales | New York, NY | Full Time
Sales Operations & Strategy Manager
Awarded for four consecutive years as one of Crain's 100 Best Places to Work in NYC, LiveAuctioneers is the leading online marketplace for one-of-a-kind items, rare collectibles, and coveted goods. Our catalogue includes everything from Picasso paintings to Michael Jackson's moonwalking shoes.
Last year LiveAuctioneers helped facilitate nearly $12 billion of sales by connecting millions of the world's most knowledgeable collectors with 5,000 passionate sellers of extraordinary items.
Founded in 2002, LiveAuctioneers was the first in the industry to introduce mobile bidding, video-streamed auctions, and numerous enhancements to the online auction market. As LiveAuctioneers continues to be a pioneer in the sale of exceptional items, you have an opportunity to join a company led by a management team who had a hand in starting and growing market-leading companies like Google, Seamless, 1stdibs, Universal, and IBM.
And very fortunately, everything good about us is growing.
We are seeking a talent with strong strategic planning and financial acumen, who has creative ideas for sales engagement for large and complex customers and a deep analytic background, and has led a team in defining, landing and executing on strategic planning.
You’ll be the Salesforce guru, analyzing (in Excel) and reporting on data sets (including SQL queries) that inform our SVP of Strategic Accounts' decisions about how to target and support key clients. You will create the structure and cadence for reporting, forecasting and client interaction.
On a daily basis, you will be my right hand, tacking research projects to define and track key business and operational metrics for key accounts.
Manage the development of continuously-evolving forecast models and methodologies, owning the quantitative analysis of the performance of our sales team, customers, prospects, partners, markets, and products/services.
Work with our leadership team to define and implement tracking for key business and operational metrics.
Identify reporting issues and gaps in processes, and drive a timely resolution.
You can hit the ground running, confidently able to draw immediate insights and make recommendations on and implement tools (dashboards, pipeline management, tear sheets, etc.,) to support communication, reporting and servicing of our key accounts.
Collaborate effectively with internal end-users and cross-functional teams to solve problems, implement new reporting solutions, and deliver successfully against high standards.
A successful individual is a person that has a proven work ethic that drives the desired results, and has experience in sales or sales operations.
This is a hands-on position - the ideal candidate must be willing to roll up the sleeves. In preparation for client reviews and meetings, you will lead planning and reporting efforts with relevant product and team leads.
Who We Want
- Inquisitive, determined, and intelligent
- Empowered to work with clients of all kinds, are well-articulated, and can convey value effectively
- High-functioning, organized team player who can manage multiple requests in a timely manner. You should be able to not take yourself too seriously as well.
- Energized by a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Communicative and inspired to contribute and be a part of a team motivated to build a best-in-class auction platform
- Challenged to find ways to work around issues in creative ways
- Dedicated to supporting the customer
• Bachelors degree + 5 years in BI and Analytical roles in enterprise organizations.
• Experience working with Dropbox, Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets
• Experience working with Salesforce CRM is a necessity
• "Get it done" mentality
• Experience in the tech, SaaS, auction, antique, or art industry is a plus
• 2+ years of experience as a Salesforce administrator, ideally in the SaaS industry.
• Salesforce Administrator Certification 201
• Ability to embrace new technologies, applications, and solutions
• Self-motivated, but with a strong desire to work in a collaborative environment
• Advanced proficiency in SQL for querying databases
• Advanced proficiency in MS Excel for data manipulation, reporting and KPIs
• Proficiency building reports, dashboards and visualizations using self-service BI tools such as Chartio, Tableau, Domo, etc.,
Competitive base salary & compensation, dependent on experience
Regular catered lunches, happy hours, and events
Generous, real vacations
Comprehensive healthcare and dental
Fully-stocked beverage fridge and snack pantry