Growth Marketing Manager
Marketing | New York, NY | Full Time
Awarded by Crain's as one of the top 100 Best Places to Work in New York City for two consecutive years, LiveAuctioneers is the leading marketplace for fine art, collectibles, furniture, and jewelry. Our catalogue includes everything from Picasso paintings to Michael Jackson’s moonwalking shoes. Last year LiveAuctioneers helped facilitate $6 billion of sales by connecting millions of the world’s most knowledgeable collectors with 4,600 passionate sellers of one-of-a-kind items.
The LiveAuctioneers management team has started and/or grown market-leading companies like Amazon, Seamless, 1stdibs, Universal and IBM. The company’s most recent investment was led by Bessemer Venture Partners, investors in hugely innovative companies like LinkedIn, Yelp, Skype, and Pinterest.
Founded in 2002, LiveAuctioneers was the first in the industry to introduce mobile bidding, video streamed auctions, and more. The company continues to be a pioneer in the sale of exceptional items.
We’re looking for a Growth Marketing Manager who is excited to wear multiple hats, take on real responsibilities, and play a critical role in growing LiveAuctioneers. This job requires someone who is self-motivated with an analytical mindset, strong technical acumen and a laser focus on execution and getting things done in a fast-paced environment. The Growth Marketing Manager will report to the Marketing Director at our offices located in the Chelsea gallery district.
What you’ll do:
Growth. Implement, test and optimize email campaigns that increase conversions, average customer lifetime value and other KPIs. Monitor email deliverability, manage email lists and perform customer segmentations that promote engagement and retention.
Paid acquisition. Test and execute paid acquisition programs across social and SEM channels to drive profitable growth. Maintain paid acquisition campaign performance reports and regularly monitor campaign budgets.
Collaborate. Work collaboratively with cross functional teams to develop marketing collateral and case studies to support advertising sales. Fulfill other marketing needs such as social media posts, landing pages and other efforts, as needed.
- Reporting & analytics. Support the marketing team and overall organization with high quality data and insights that move the business forward, and be able to execute against those insights. Create/maintain ad-hoc reports and dashboards used by cross-functional departments, as needed. Daily use of reporting tools includes but not limited to Google Analytics, RJMetrics/Magento, Google AdWords, Facebook Ads Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of marketing, analytics, growth-hacking and/or strategy experience in a digital or ecommerce setting
- HTML knowledge with hands-on email marketing experience (preferably via Sailthru)
- Strong Excel/Google Sheets skills, with basic to intermediate experience with SQL
- Passionate for using data to make decisions
- Problem-solving skills - able to research issues and develop tangible solutions
- Constantly looks for ways to improve (and/or introduce) processes that drive success
- Excellent organizational, writing and communication (both verbal and via data visualizations) skills
- Interest in art, antiques and/or collectibles
Skills that will give you an edge over other applicants:
- Experience with referral programs like ReferralCandy, Mention.me
- Know your way around Wordpress, Adobe Photoshop and/or InDesign
- Experience in paid acquisition marketing (Facebook Ad Manager, Google AdWords)
- Hands-on experience with Salesforce
- Familiarity with marketing automation software such as Marketo, Hubspot or Pardot
- Daily impact within a well-funded, industry-leading online marketplace
- Competitive compensation
- Company-matched 401K
- Comprehensive medical/dental coverage
- HSA matching, flexible spending account & commuter benefits
- Generous vacation policy
- Fully-stocked beverage fridge and snack pantry
- Weekly catered lunches and happy hours