Executive Assistant/Office Manager
Administrative | New York, NY | Full Time
LiveAuctioneers is the leading marketplace for fine art, collectibles, furniture, and jewelry. Our catalogs include everything from Picasso paintings to Michael Jackson’s moonwalking shoes. LiveAuctioneers has facilitated over $29 billion of bids by connecting over one million of the world’s most knowledgeable collectors with 4,000 passionate sellers of one-of-a-kind items.
The LiveAuctioneers management team has started and/or grown market-leading companies like Amazon, Seamless / Grubhub, 1stdibs, SinglePlatform and IBM. The company’s most recent investment was led by Bessemer Venture Partners, early investors in hugely innovative companies like LinkedIn, Yelp, Skype, and Pinterest.
Founded in 2002, LiveAuctioneers was the first in the industry to introduce mobile bidding, video streamed auctions, and more. The company continues to be a pioneer in the sale of exceptional items.
- We are looking for an Executive Assistant/Office Manager that will be responsible for the administrative and organizational management of the office. The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks, will be extremely organized and flexible, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Tasks include:
- Manage and coordinate calendars - schedule appointments, set priorities, and manage shifting needs with accuracy
- Prepare and arrange meetings, calls, events, and travel arrangements
- Execute tasks with a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality when handling sensitive corporate or personal matters
- Manage office/facilities - managing inventory of office supplies, ordering additional supplies as needed and ensuring that costs are appropriately managed, coordinating with building management and outside vendors, planning office layouts and rearranging furniture, maintaining office facilities
- Help facilitate communications among the executive team and among various departments.
- Assist with recruiting, HR, on-boarding, and advancing the company culture
- Positive, "can do" attitude
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an excellent ability to listen
- Able to multi-task while remain detail-oriented
- Persistent with following-up on projects and communications
- Willing to learn new skills, creative in devising solutions
- Basic understanding of technology systems and web applications
- Company matched 401k
- Comprehensive healthcare, including dental
- Generous, real vacations
- Fully-stocked snack room and beverage fridge
- Regular catered lunched, happy hours, and parties
- Ridiculously fun inventory, ranging from Michael Jackson's moonwalking shoes to Pablo Picasso's paintings