eCommerce Catalogue Associate: Temp to Perm
Marketing | New York, NY | Full Time and Temp to Perm
LiveAuctioneers is the leading marketplace for fine art, collectibles, furniture, and jewelry. Our catalogue includes everything from Picasso paintings to Michael Jackson’s moonwalking shoes. In 2014, LiveAuctioneers helped facilitate $3 billion of sales by connecting one million of the world’s most knowledgeable collectors with 2,500 passionate sellers of one-of-a-kind items.
The LiveAuctioneers management team has started and/or grown market-leading companies like Amazon, Seamless, 1stdibs, Universal and IBM. The company’s most recent investment was led by Bessemer Venture Partners, investors in hugely innovative companies like LinkedIn, Yelp, Skype, and Pinterest.
Founded in 2002, LiveAuctioneers was the first in the industry to introduce mobile bidding, video streamed auctions, and more. The company continues to be a pioneer in the sale of storied items.
We seek an eCommerce Catalog Associate who will help bidders to find new treasures and auctioneers to present their items in the most compelling manner. This is a research-oriented position, and the work primarily involves evaluating items for sale on our site. The ideal candidate is self-starting, independent, detail-oriented, and most importantly, fascinated by one-of-a-kind items and the stories that can be told about them online.
This is a temporary, full-time, entry-level position, and the right candidate may be able to join us as a permanent, salaried team-member. As part of the LiveAuctioneers team, he or she will enjoy our generous vacation and benefits package.
- Working closely with our staff to gain an independent knowledge of our cataloguing processes and cataloguing best practices.
- Researching item histories using the internet, libraries, and past auction catalogs
- Writing auction and item descriptions in a compelling, informative, and accurate manner
- Categorizing all lots for easy search on our site
- Identifying sales trends and managing an auction calendar
- Communicating with auction houses to ensure the best possible item presentation
- Ensuring the satisfaction of sellers and buyers by assisting, when necessary, with fulfillment of sales and customer support
Desired Skills & Experiences
- Bachelors degree, including coursework in Art History **Please submit a list of Art History courses taken with your resume.
- Knowledge of basic HTML and a strong familiarity with Microsoft Excel (and/or Google Sheets)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite products and basic image manipulation, including Photoshop
- Strong communication skills via email and phone
- Auction, gallery, collector, or cataloguing experience is desirable, but not necessary
- Strong organization skills
- Proficiency in a foreign language a plus, but not necessary
- Fully-stocked beverage fridge and snack pantry
- Regular catered lunches, happy hours, and events