Data Analyst & Marketing Intern
Marketing | New York, NY | Internship
Awarded by Crain's as one of the top 100 Best Places to Work in New York City, LiveAuctioneers is the leading marketplace for fine art, collectibles, furniture, and jewelry. Our catalogue includes everything from Picasso paintings to Michael Jackson’s moonwalking shoes. Last year LiveAuctioneers helped facilitate $3 billion of sales by connecting one million of the world’s most knowledgeable collectors with 4,300 passionate sellers of one-of-a-kind items.
The LiveAuctioneers management team has started and/or grown market-leading companies like Amazon, Seamless, 1stdibs, Universal and IBM. The company’s most recent investment was led by Bessemer Venture Partners, investors in hugely innovative companies like LinkedIn, Yelp, Skype, and Pinterest.
Founded in 2002, LiveAuctioneers was the first in the industry to introduce mobile bidding, video streamed auctions, and more. The company continues to be a pioneer in the sale of exceptional items.
We’re seeking a passionate Data Analyst and Marketing Intern who is excited by all of the opportunities available in data and digital marketing. At LiveAuctioneers, marketing interns get valuable, hands-on experience and work alongside expert teams in marketing, product, sales and strategy.
The Data Analyst and Marketing Intern will be responsible for cross-functional tasks and projects including:
- Gathering data and analyzing results to gain business and customer insights
- Developing, optimizing and managing advertising campaigns across paid channels (e.g. AdWords, Facebook)
- Testing and optimizing email content
- Reporting on campaign results, highlighting successes, failures, trends, and opportunities
- Developing customer and partner-facing reports and marketing materials
- Presenting findings to management to inform business decisions
- Enrolled or just graduated from a top Bachelor’s degree program
- Passion for data and online marketplaces
- Interest in art, collectibles and unique items
- Detail-oriented and well-organized
- Strong communication skills
- Highly analytical with strong technical acumen
- Proficient in Excel (pivot tables, filters, basic formulas)
- Some experience with social and web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Facebook Insights)
- Some experience with paid ad channels (e.g. AdWords, Facebook Ad Manager)
- Eager to experiment, test and measure the results of specific initiatives
- Looking to have a big impact in the future of collecting one-of-a-kind items
- SQL knowledge
- HTML knowledge
- Design experience (Photoshop, InDesign)
- Being a part of a well-funded, industry-leading online marketplace
- Apple hardware provided
- Fully-stocked beverage fridge and snack pantry
- Weekly in-office happy hours
- Regular catered lunches and company events
The intern position is for 20 to 40 hours per week. Pay is commensurate with experience.