Client Care Specialist
Customer Support | Dallas, TX | Full Time
LiveAuctioneers is the leading marketplace for fine art, collectibles, furniture, and jewelry. Our catalogs include everything from Picasso paintings to Michael Jackson's moonwalking shoes to NFL Super Bowl rings. In 2015, LiveAuctioneers helped facilitate over $3 billion of sales by connecting over one million of the world's most knowledgeable collectors with 4,000 passionate sellers of one-of-a-kind items.
The LiveAuctioneers management team has started and/or grown market-leading companies like Amazon, Seamless / Grubhub, 1stdibs, SinglePlatform and IBM. The company's most recent investment was led by Bessemer Venture Partners, early investors in hugely innovative companies like LinkedIn, Yelp, Skype, and Pinterest.
Founded in 2002, LiveAuctioneers was the first in the industry to introduce mobile bidding, video streamed auctions, and more. The company continues to be a pioneer in the sale of exceptional items.
LiveAuctioneers was named a 2016 Red Herring Top 100 North America award winner, joining a prestigious list of past winners that includes Facebook, Twitter, Google, Yahoo, Skype and eBay. We were also voted as "One of the Best Places to Work in New York City" by Crain's New York Business for 2016.
The Client Care Expert is responsible for all pre/live/post processes within the auctions managed by LiveAuctioneers. This includes, but is not limited to, answering bidder inquiries, liaising with listing agents as needed, clerking live auctions, following up with bidders during the payment process, producing end-of-auction reports, managing any post-auction shipping issues, ensuring a smooth and timely payout on sold items, and locking in all post-sale offers.
- Answer all inquiries that come in through the internal messaging system or by phone
- Convey bidder requests for images or additional information to our listing partners
- Produce all end-of-auction reports to pass along to listing partners and be available to them if they have any questions or need a walkthrough
- Follow up with bidders to make sure they pay for their items in a timely fashion
- Guide any bidders who may need assistance in paying for their items or getting them shipped
- Organize the payout schedule to make sure our listing agents are paid in a timely manner
- Call bidders regarding post-sale offers and extend those offers to the listing partners to lock down additional sales after the auction ends
- Maintain a professional and courteous manner when interacting with bidders and listing partners, and always be willing to go the extra mile
- Able to respond promptly to inquiries via telephone, ticketing system and chat
- Able to multi-task, i.e., prioritize and manage multiple inquiries simultaneously
- Able to maintain composure in a fast-paced, high-performance environment
- Adapt to new tasks and take on additional responsibilities as needed
- Knowledge of Windows, MS Office, and HTML
- Basic understandingg of technology systems and web applications
- Ability to identify and extract key information from massive data files
Competitive base salary
Catered lunches, happy hours, and events
Generous Vacation time
Company matched 401k
Healthcare and dentalcare
Fully stocked pantry
- New York, NY
- Dallas, TX
- London, UK
- Customer Service: 1 year
- Auction House/Gallery: 1 year
Required license or certification:
- Driver's License