Embedded Systems/ Firmware Engineer
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
We are the future of transportation.
Our mission is to provide efficient, economical, and ecological transportation solutions for the informed and interconnected global community. We aim to rekindle the excitement of the transportation experience by combining human-centered design with the latest in technologies and manufacturing.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who will be responsible for delivering high quality embedded code running on the processors at the heart of C-1. The individual will also be responsible for designing and implementing firmware designs specifically for vehicle body controls.
- Develop firmware solutions by studying information needs; conferring with the team; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the firmware development lifecycle.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Design and implement protocols to enhance subsystem communications.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, state machines, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Help define requirements for motor control software and interfacing hardware components including voltage and current sensors, power stages, speed sensors
- Design of embedded systems written primarily in the C language.
- Experience with real-time operating systems and embedded hardware.
- Experience with CAN bus systems and associated tools.
- Familiar with the embedded microprocessor design process: compilers, debuggers, IDE and source
- Experience integrating sensor I/O.Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Masters of Science in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering with hands on experience working with embedded systems. Greater than 3 years of experience
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experience
- Digital signal processing
- Hands-on skills: PCB design, wire harnesses, etc.
- Security algorithms, cryptography etc, wireless technologies, specifically RF, Bluetooth
- System-oriented understanding of thermal, vehicle-level torque control, high voltage DC-link integration, efficiency optimization, and firmware integration for electric drives