Software Engineer (Web Application)
Engineering | New York, NY | Full Time
ListenFirst Media is a well-funded NYC technology startup founded by multi-time successful entrepreneurs.
Our platform provides senior level Fortune-500 marketing executives with immediate access to a vast amount of relevant cross-channel metrics in a timely, intuitive, and digestible format, arming them with the deep insights necessary to efficiently optimize and understand the effectiveness of day-to-day marketing initiatives.
We are currently in the process of building out our core team in NYC and are looking for smart, talented, ambitious, and creative people, interested in challenging problems at scale for the biggest marketers in the world.
- Develop and operate a SaaS solution, fully-hosted in the cloud, encapsulating a combination of complex near-real time and batch analytics, presented to end users in a visually pleasing and simple but immersive cross platform front end HTML5 application.
- Participate in the full development lifecycle of our core web apps including requirements gathering, design, development, testing, release, maintenance, operations, and support
- Work directly under the leadership of the CTO and Chief Product Officer to help define, implement and deliver the product roadmap and realize the overall vision of the company.
- Help define, evolve, and refine our agile, iterative, and incremental development processes
- Develop and maintain unit, functional, integration, and behavioral tests, executed via a continuous integration system
- Maintain a high degree of code quality with comments, documentation, style guides, and peer reviews
- Participate in other aspects of day-to-day business of a software product and service company, including business development, sales, marketing, and customer support
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 1-3 years professional experience (internships ok).
- Fundamental understanding of software design, programming paradigms (including OO), data structures, algorithms, and algorithm complexity
- Proficiency with relational algebra, transactional relational database management design, SQL, and object relational mapping toolkits
- Experience consuming ReST-ful JSON based Web Services
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux systems, system administration and command line tools
- Familiarity with Git SCM version control system
- Degrees, strength, and/or strong interest in Mathematics and Statistics
- Experience with Ruby 1.9, Rails 3, Rack, Sinatra, Bundler, Sass, Haml, and/or Delayed Job
- Experience with Coffeescript, Jquery, Underscore, Backbone, D3, and/or Rickshaw
- Postgres and/or MySQL familiarity
- NoSQL database design and concepts (including MongoDB, key/value stores, column-oriented databases, and the CAP theorem)
- Experience deploying to and managing services running in IaaS and PaaS cloud computing environments (including Amazon, Heroku, Joynet, AppEngine, Rackspace, etc.)
- Familiarity with Capistrano based-deployments, and systems configuration management solutions such as Chef or Puppet