Senior Product Manager - Data Products
Product Management | New York, NY | Full Time
At ListenFirst, we’re passionate about creating insights from social data that help our clients make smarter, faster and more informed decisions than ever before. We partner with the most successful consumer brands in the world to transform how they use social data to drive every kind of decision in their business. Clients use our insights to identify trends, plan campaigns, acquire new customers, predict sales, and drive revenue.
We are building our team and looking for smart, talented, ambitious, and creative people, interested in challenging problems at scale for the biggest brands in the world.
Check us out on the web: www.listenfirstmedia.com
If you are passionate about creating software and data products, we want to talk to you. We are currently looking for qualified candidates to fill the role of a Product Manager with a strategic mind and a focus on bringing our Data Products, Insights and Operations to the next level. This is a highly visible role within the Product Development organization and will work with stakeholders company-wide, as well as external users.
Data is central to our long-term product strategy—in this role, you’ll have the opportunity to explore new and innovative ways to use data to help fulfill our mission.
- Research and document clear user stories and specifications (use cases, user flows, etc), including business rules, logic, and data requirements
- Communicate and present concepts to internal and external stakeholders
- Partner with engineering, data science and design teams to work very closely with them for new and evolved feature sets.
- Create product specifications and collaborate with engineering to plan and sequence out tasks for incremental development milestones.
- Maintain quality of product through bug tracking, reporting, and management.
- Contribute in meetings to strategize and plan improvement features
- Deliver projects both collaboratively (as part of a multidisciplinary team) and individually
- 2-5 years of Product Management experience
- Passion for evolving and improving product
- Proactive and perceptive
- Superb communication and organizational skills
- Understanding and strong interest in web technologies
- Track record of proactive project management
- Ability to listen carefully and execute within changing priorities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interest or passion with data visualization, analytics, insights and reporting
- Highly attuned intuition regarding stakeholder needs and expectation setting
- Ability to report into and interact with company executive leadership
- Computer Science degree (major or minor) or technical background
- Knowledge of software development methodologies
- Basic understanding of marketing channels, especially digitally oriented ones including, but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Tumblr, Website Analytics, Ad-Servers, Pinterest, etc
- Up to date on digital trends