Senior Product Designer
Product Management | New York, NY | Full Time
If you are experienced at creating world-class interfaces that turn data into interesting stories, we want to talk to you. We are currently looking for qualified candidates to fill the role of a software Senior Product Designer with a strategic mind and a focus on information and interface design. You are detail-oriented and have that magical combination of being super analytical and hyper creative. This is a highly visible role within the Product Development organization and will report directly to the Design Director. This is perfect for someone who has been in a mid-level design role looking to make that transition to a senior level design capacity.
At ListenFirst, we’re passionate about creating insights from social data that help our clients make smarter, faster and more informed decisions than ever before. We partner with the most successful consumer brands in the world to transform how they use social data to drive every kind of decision in their business. Clients use our insights to identify trends, plan campaigns, acquire new customers, predict sales, and drive revenue.
We are building our team and looking for smart, talented, ambitious, and creative people, interested in challenging problems at scale for the biggest brands in the world.
Check us out on the web: www.listenfirstmedia.com
- Own the visual and interaction design execution across a suite of user-facing B2B data and analytics products
- Collaborate on the art direction of a world-class digital and social media measurement platform
- Communicate and present concepts to internal and external stakeholders
- Translate branding guidelines into a scalable and repeatable component library system
- In partnership with the Product team, gain understanding of and help improve upon system pain points and longer term strategic opportunities
- Maintain aesthetic quality through style guides, UI kits, and design audits
- Perform User Research with clients to validate key design/product decisions before going out to market including but not limited to usability testing, surveys, and/or interviews
- Iterate and pivot quickly on design based on research findings or feedback from peers/stakeholders
- Contribute design thinking and aesthetic philosophy to team discussion
- Deliver projects both collaboratively (as part of a multidisciplinary team) and individually
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Front-end Development to translate requirements into high fidelity design artifacts.
- Create prototypes with low to high fidelity mockups in preparation for reviews and research.
- Draft user flows, sitemaps, and wireframes based on communication with Product and Front-end development.
- 3-5 years in a UX/UI or Product Design role at software or SaaS company, preferably in the analytics space
- Passion for typography, color, motion, micro-interaction, and information design
- Understanding and strong interest in Web application design and technology trends
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle, methodologies, and tools a plus
- Ability to test and validate design via paper sketches, wireframes, digital mockups, and interactive prototypes
- Extreme attention to detail, organized and proficient with scheduling and prioritizing
- Interest or passion for data visualization, grid/layout systems, and infographics
- Sensitivity to user journey details: information architecture, screen flow and feature discoverability
- Ability to report into and interact with company executive leadership
- Basic understanding of digital marketing channels, especially: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, website analytics, ad technology, etc
- Web page styling (CSS / SCSS / SASS) or technical background a potential plus
- Strong portfolio of product and/or interface design work is required and pivotal (samples of academic or personal projects acceptable – show us what drives you!)
- Experience/examples of UX writing and management of in-app copy is a plus
- Experience conducting card sorting and tree testing is also a plus.
- Portfolio is required to be considered.