Director of Marketing
Marketing | New York, NY | Full Time
ListenFirst provides the social analytics that you need today, with an eye towards what you’ll need tomorrow. We capture every social signal and marry them with traditional sets of data (like sales and web analytics) to provide insight that can be acted on to improve business performance. ListenFirst’s proprietary platform is the only one that analyzes over 50,000 brands across billions of consumer interactions over many years allowing our clients to have a line of sight to solutions and patterns most businesses can’t see.
Since inception in 2012, we’ve been working with a wide portfolio of clients, including Warner Bros., Food Network, Michael Kors, Sam Adams, NBCUniversal, and others. Our data and insights are also regularly featured in the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Forbes, Variety, and more.
Come join us as we lead the world’s biggest brands into a new wave of measurement. We’re currently looking for qualified candidates to lead the Marketing discipline at ListenFirst. This is a highly visible role within the organization and will report directly to senior leadership. This role will be responsible for all internal and external Company and Product messaging and marketing materials that can help us bring our unique offering to a wider audience.
- Lead the creation and delivery of powerful, concise, and engaging messaging and materials around the ListenFirst brand, product features/value, competitive differentiators, and new product offerings
- Develop and communicate a differentiated brand voice and narrative for ListenFirst in the marketplace
- Create and execute social and digital outreach strategies, including but not limited to, blog posts, newsletters, and social content posting
- Create solutions to engage, inform, and motivate audiences / stakeholders identified by Sales, Client Strategy, and Product teams
- Enable Sales - devise strategies on how to best communicate the value proposition and develop the sales tools to support strategic business initiatives
- Work with Product and Sales teams on developing go-to-market plans, that support the launch of new ideas, products, solutions, and service offerings, and manage the cross-functional (Sales, Client Services, Exec) implementation of the plan
- Analyze all marketing initiatives to identify insights, trends, and results that add value to the implementation of future strategies and report results to internal stakeholders on a regular basis
- Market intelligence – be the expert on ListenFirst’s clients, how they buy and their buying criteria; be the expert on the competition and the ecosystem as a whole
- Demand generation – develop the strategy and manage the marketing programs that drive demand for ListenFirst products and services
- 5-7 years of marketing experience
- Entrepreneurial / Self-Starter - you can build something out of nothing with minimal oversight
- Experience with content marketing approaches and strategies
- Ability to work on projects both collaboratively as a part of a multi-disciplinary team and individually
- Strong analytic skills and data-driven thinking
- Passion for driving the external face of product company
- Proactive and perceptive
- Superb communication and organizational skills
- Understanding and strong interest in B2B software products and services
- Up to date on digital trends
- Ability to listen carefully and flexibility to execute within changing priorities
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing marketing campaigns / branding initiatives and solid knowledge of latest trends and best practices
- Sophisticated understanding of marketing channels, especially digitally-oriented ones including, but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Tumblr, Google Analytics, Omniture, Ad-Servers (ie DoubleClick), Pinterest, etc.