Business Development Representative
Marketing | New York, NY | Full Time
At ListenFirst, we’re passionate about creating insights from social data that help our clients make smarter, faster and more informed decisions than ever before. We partner with the most successful consumer brands in the world to transform how they use social data to drive every kind of decision in their business. Clients use our insights to identify trends, plan campaigns, acquire new customers, predict sales, and drive revenue.
We're building our team and looking for smart, talented, ambitious, and creative people, interested in challenging problems at scale for the biggest brands in the world.
Come join us as we lead the world’s biggest brands into a new wave of measurement. We're laser-focused on revenue here at ListenFirst, and our Sales team has a unique culture and approach. We're looking for thoughtful, intelligent individuals who understand the world from a marketer's vantage point and can sell a strategic, high-level product offering. While we do enjoy the occasional fist pump, those looking to simply "crush the phones" and call it a day need not apply.
- Support Sales and Marketing team in prospecting and identifying clients that would receive value from ListenFirst via outbound strategy
- Identify potential leads and develop outbound strategies to create new business opportunities
- Research prospects and identify appropriate stakeholders in order to generate interest and establish a relationship
- Consult with internal players to identify new opportunities across the brand landscape
- Educate the marketplace on ListenFirst’s new and existing products and data services
- Create and introduce new ways to present and share insights within verticals that ListenFirst doesn’t currently have client exposure in
- Bring an entrepreneurial, can-do attitude as we develop a new team and all the fun cultural quirks that come with building something from the ground up
- Maintain an organized pipeline and activity records using Salesforce
- 0-2 years experience in Sales and/or Marketing
- Self-motivated, independent player with a strong desire and passion for Business Development: an entrepreneurial and strategic thinker that can evangelize and sell products that are new in the marketplace
- Excellent communication, presentation, prioritization, and organizational skills, and a strong commitment to detail
- Demonstrated success in thriving in an environment that demands the ability to work quickly, while maintaining high-level of quality
- Sophisticated understanding of marketing channels, especially digitally oriented ones including, but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Google Analytics, Omniture, Ad-Servers (ie DART), Pinterest, etc.
- Understanding of basic and intermediate data analysis and interpretation