MCAH AmeriCorps Member (3 positions available!)
Direct Services | Hybrid in Pontiac, MI | Full Time
Please enter some information about your company here.
Host Site: Lighthouse
Position Title: There are four (3) positions available. Click the positions below for more details:
- 1 Housing Specialist serving our Emergency Shelter program
- 1 Outreach Specialist AmeriCorps Member
Position Type: Full-Time/1700 Hours (35 hours/week minimum)
Duration of Term: October 3, 2022 - September 29, 2023
a. Compensation: $19,000 annual stipend paid out on a bi-weekly basis.
b. Members will receive an Educational Award of $6,495 upon successful completion of service.
c. The program will provide health care coverage for full-time members, if they elect to enroll. Full-time members may also receive childcare assistance, if eligible.
d. AmeriCorps members are not considered employees of the program, the host site, nor of the government.
e. Members are eligible for student loan forbearance during their service term
The Michigan Coalition Against Homelessness AmeriCorps Program will support service providers by increasing their capacity to offer assistance to homeless and at-risk individuals and families. Specifically, the AmeriCorps members in the program will provide services that will increase an individual’s self-sufficiency in the area of income and life skills.
According to the National and Community Service Act of 1990, AmeriCorps members are not considered employees of the agency where they serve, nor are they employees of the program or the federal government. As such, members cannot engage in activities performed by employees of the host agency or otherwise displace employees.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national or a lawful, permanent resident of the U.S. and provide a copy of a birth certificate, passport or permanent resident card to prove citizenship
- Have completed of some college or comparable work experience
- Must be able to complete a full term of service (one year)
- Pass the following criminal history checks in accordance with the National Service Criminal History Check policy: State of Michigan, State of Residency (if applicable), FBI fingerprinting, and National Sex Offender Registry
- Have a car or can arrange reliable transportation to and from service site, multiple mandatory training sessions in Lansing, and travel on behalf of site
- Possess proficiency with word processing software and email
- Be able to interact respectfully with individuals from diverse socio-economic