Lead Permanent Supportive Housing Case Manager
Direct Services | Hybrid in Pontiac, MI | Full Time | From $45,000.00 per year
Lighthouse MI is a growing non-profit, established in 2019 when Lighthouse of Oakland County and South Oakland Shelter joined forces to offer a stronger collective response to poverty in our Metro Detroit community. With over 80 years of combined experience, Lighthouse serves as a beacon of hope to our neighbors who need it most by offering assistance with emergency basic needs alongside housing programs and supportive services designed to support long-term economic stability. Lighthouse owns and operates Spero Housing Group, a subsidiary non-profit dedicated specifically to developing and operating high quality affordable and supportive housing for persons of low and moderate income, as well as HandUp, a community and crowdfunding platform serving 100+ homeless service agencies and their clients across the United States.
The Lead Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) Case Manager should be highly-motivated, innovative, and results-driven. Permanent Supportive Housing case managers are essential for providing basic needs and housing services to the most vulnerable experiencing homelessness in Oakland County. This position will play an integral role in upholding program goals such as maintaining high positive housing rates, serving the most vulnerable individuals, increasing the number of people served and remaining client centered.
Compensation: Starting annual salary of $45,000 to commensurate with experience.
- Supervise Stability Services case-management staff and AmeriCorps Members in the implementation of housing related direct-service programs (up to 6 FTE).
- Schedule team to ensure full coverage to best support client safety and needs.
- Co-Manage and coordinate the intern screening, recruitment, and supervision process.
- Support other Stability Services leads in managing and upholding the integrity of front line activities/services, crisis calls, and other direct service needs as needed.
- Facilitate ongoing housing case-management team meetings to maintain an effective team that efficiently delivers and improves services.
- Be accessible, within reason, to Stability Services staff members in an “on call” type structure.
- Approve and manage employee time sheets and time off requests in ADP
Other Core Responsibilities
- Perform intakes, psychosocial assessments, goal-setting, and asset/needs assessments with PSH clients.
- Provide ongoing, weekly case management support and services to assist PSH clients in reaching their goals (estimated 10-15 Households),
- Maintain approval to transport clients and provide transportation services as needed.
- Foster and coordinate inter-agency collaborative solutions and referrals to help clients connect with shelter, meet their goals, and attain long-term stability.
- Ensure the proper maintenance of client related files and records.
- Run the required monthly HMIS reports for PSH programs
- Continuously improve and consistently implement various case management and data collection tools.\
- Enforce program rules, policies, aand procedures and uphold agency values to maintain a safe, client-centered, and inclusive environment for clients, staff, interns, and volunteers.
- Assist with answering phones, and crisis calls as needed.
- Participate in internal and external task-forces and committees working to assist the homeless population.
- Approve and process payment requests from Stability Services staff
- Attend weekly Housing Prioritization Registry meetings to assist in pulling clients for open PSH & SHU units
- Approve & communicate with FOI to process monthly rent requests for PSH clients
- Lived or professional experience working with people experiencing homelessness or extreme levels of poverty in the US.
- BSW from a 4-year accredited college or university or bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 3+ years’ experience in a role directly or indirectly related to a human/social services and/or case management
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, and Google Apps,
- Strong organizational and communication skills,
- An understanding of the social constructs impacting those experiencing economic instability,
- Ability to work with a challenging and diverse population,
- Strong conflict resolution skills,
- An appetite for innovation and creative problem-solving,
- Reliable transportation.
- MSW from a 4-year accredited college or university or master’s degree in a related field
- 5+ years’ experience in a role directly or indirectly related to a human/social services and/or case management
- Knowledge of the social services landscape in Oakland County and surrounding areas
- HMIS experience
- HQS certification
- Harm Reduction, Trauma Informed Care, Housing First, and SPDAT training
- Proven ability to work effectively with racially and ethnically diverse clients and teams
- Experience in managing and leading teams
- Ability to build consensus and resolve conflict; exhibits willingness to have difficult conversations.
- Exceptional communication ability, both written and oral.
- Ability to listen and accept feedback constructively.
- Possess high emotional intelligence skills.
- Unwavering personal integrity.
- Ability to lead in a fast paced, demanding, constantly changing environment
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities, and skills. South Oakland Shelter is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate against any qualified individual based on race, creed, religion, national origin, color, status as a veteran, gender or gender identity, sex, age, sexual preference or orientation, marital status, disability, income, weight, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume online via JobScore.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, until the position is filled.
No phone or e-mail inquiries, please.