Food Pantry Associate
Direct Services | Pontiac, MI | Part Time
Lighthouse MI is a growing non-profit, established in 2019 when Lighthouse of Oakland County and South Oakland Shelter joined forces to offer a stronger collective response to poverty in our Metro Detroit community. With over 80 years of combined experience, Lighthouse serves as a beacon of hope to our neighbors who need it most by offering assistance with emergency basic needs alongside housing programs and supportive services designed to support long-term economic stability. Lighthouse owns and operates Spero Housing Group, a subsidiary non-profit dedicated specifically to developing and operating high quality affordable and supportive housing for persons of low and moderate income, as well as HandUp, a community and crowdfunding platform serving 100+ homeless service agencies and their clients across the United States.
Lighthouse is hiring a part-time Food Pantry Associate to support the daily operations of Lighthouse’s Pontiac food pantry. The Food Pantry Associate will serve as the primary contact for food deliveries and for recruiting pantry volunteers. The Pantry Associate must be well organized, personable, as well as mission-driven and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong verbal communication and organizational skills.
Hours: M-F, 20 hours/week. Combination of 8:30am-12:30pm and 12:30pm-4:30pm shifts.
- Work with the Food Pantry Manager to manage Pontiac pantry volunteers and activities to ensure proper implementation of pantry services,
- Assist with Clarkston Food Pantry, as needed,
- Assist with picking up food donations using agency vehicle,
- Process incoming food donations including proper weighing and documentation,
- Process outgoing food including filling food orders for pantry clients and weighing outgoing food,
- Assist with food pantry record keeping including data entry into Link2Feed,
- Assist with monitoring and tracking inventory,
- Work with Food Pantry Manager to carry out the Thanksgiving program,
- Participate in revelvent internal committees and task forces, and
- Implement and enforce agency and office policies and values to maintain a safe, client-centered, and inclusive environment for clients, volunteers, and staff.
Associate's degree in human service field,
Professional or lived experience with people experiencing homelessness,
- Drivers clearance,
- Reliable transportation,
- Ability to lift 50 lbs,
- Ability to work weekends as needed,
- Associates degree required. Bachelor's preferred,
- Proficient in G Suite and Microsoft Office,
- Flexible working style with the ability to adapt to a changing environment,
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with attention to detail,
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff and volunteers,
- Strong verbal communication skills,
- Food Safety Certification, preferred.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities, and skills. Lighthouse is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate against any qualified individual based on race, creed, religion, national origin, color, status as a veteran, gender or gender identity, sex, age, sexual preference or orientation, marital status, disability, income, weight, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume online via JobScore.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, until the position is filled.
No phone or e-mail inquiries, please.