Development | Pontiac, MI | Full Time
About Lighthouse MI
Lighthouse MI was established in 2019 when Lighthouse of Oakland County and South Oakland Shelter joined forces to offer a stronger collective response to poverty in our Metro Detroit community. With over 80 years of combined experience, Lighthouse serves as a beacon of hope to our neighbors who need it most by offering assistance with emergency basic needs alongside housing programs and supportive services designed to support long-term economic stability.
Lighthouse is seeking a highly-motivated and organized Data Assistant to support a variety of key areas, including:
Donor data entry and donor acknowledgement
Special event support
- Managing the scheduling of key donor and community relations meetings for the CEO and CDO
The Data Associate position is a full-time position, working 40 hours per week. This position will report directly to the Director of Development Operations and Communications.
- ● Enter and update constituent data, including demographic, contact, and relationship information.
- ● Assist in entering and maintaining information to support the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship efforts of the development department.
- ● Utilize and maintain an efficient filing system for physical donor data backup documentation.
- ● Run routine data queries in RE NXT or other systems as needed.
- ● Other data entry projects as assigned.
- ● Support key fundraising events by coordinating committee communications and scheduling, assisting in securing key auction items, providing design support, and assisting with event logistics.
- ● Assist in outreach activities for the CEO and CDO, including the scheduling of key meetings with top individuals, corporations, foundations, and prospects.
- ● Assist with other administrative duties, such as preparing written correspondence when needed, filing, phone management, etc.
Job Skill Requirements
- ● Associates degree or equivalent work experience
- ● Minimum of 1-2 years of database support or data entry experience
- ● Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge experience highly preferred
- ● Experience in MS Office – Excel and Word
- ● Ability to learn complex data entry codes and procedures quickly
- ● Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in recording information
- ● Ability to use tact, discretion, and good judgement in working with confidential information
- ● Positive attitude in a fast-paced nonprofit environment
- ● Flexibility to accept new responsibilities based on the needs of the organization
- ● Excellent organizational and follow-through skills
- ● Clear and effective communication with team members and donors
- ● Demonstrates reliability, responsiveness, and courtesy in all team and donor interactions
- ● Strong written communication skills
- ● Valid Michigan driver’s license
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities, and skills. Lighthouse is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate against any qualified individual based on race, age, creed, religion, ethnicity, or sexual orientation.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume online via JobScore.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, until the position is filled.
No phone or e-mail inquiries, please.