Lighthouse Community Charter Public Schools | Oakland, CA | Part Time
About Lighthouse Community Public Schools
Social justice movements come in all shapes and sizes. Here at Lighthouse Community Public Schools, we are engaged in an educational movement that goes beyond our classrooms working to disrupt educational inequities by providing our students and families exceptional educational opportunities every day. Grounded in our core values of community, integrity, agency, love, and social justice rooted in EL Education Model, LCPS is a leader in fostering innovative schools achieving exceptional student outcomes where each child is at the center of their own learning. Our mission is to prepare diverse students for college, a career of their choice, and to be lifelong changemakers.
Founded in 2002, LCPS operates a high-achieving K-12 public charter school, and our K-8 sister site, Lodestar, that opened in Fall 2016; serving nearly 1,000 students in East Oakland. Lighthouse is a beacon for public education and our graduates fulfill the promise of a better, brighter Oakland. 95% of our graduates, almost all of whom are first-generation college students, are accepted into four-year colleges. We were named the Hart Vision Charter School of the Year in 2013, and the #1 high school for closing achievement for low-income Latino students in 2016. If the work we do here at LCPS appeals to your values regarding quality education for all then please join our movement! Learn more at www.lighthousecharter.org
Lunch Supervisor - Competencies, Responsibilities, and Qualifications
Lighthouse Community Charter School is looking for Lunch Supervisors who are relentlessly committed to ensuring that traditionally underserved students of color achieve our mission of completing college and securing the career of choice. Lighthouse staff believe that this important mission is not only attainable; it is essential to transforming our Oakland community. This role involves the supervision of our students during lunch in our cafeteria.
- Communicates effectively with students of different ages, grade level and backgrounds, as well as parents, and colleagues in a positive manner
- Develops meaningful relationships with students, parents, and colleagues
- Prioritizes the students’ safety and well-being at all times in the cafeteria
- Is an active and engaged teammate
- Follows through on commitments
- Responds to coaching and feedback
- Displays enthusiasm about working with youth and supporting students to have a positive experience on a day-to-day basis
- Effectively implement Lighthouse’s rules and expectations specifically in, but not limited to, the cafeteria.
- Actively supervise, circulating amongst and interacting with students and adults.
- Provide a safe environment for all of our students.
- Encourage students to make healthy choices about their minds and bodies. Boost student’s motivation to fuel their bodies with the correct foods for their well-being.
- Assist with the daily clean-up and maintenance of the lunch room and kitchen. Support with the preparation of breakfast meals for the following school day.
- Set clear short- and long-term goals to further your work experience and better your practice.
- Consistently communicate both areas of improvement and celebrations to Teachers, Case Managers, Parents, etc.
- Consistently implement support plans for all identified students to maximize success for all students.
- Administer Lighthouse’s student policies and procedures (i.e. attendance, dress code, etc.).
- Attend and actively participate in professional development activities, team and staff meetings to improve performance.
- Abide by all state and federal mandates in reporting sexual or physical abuse and neglect.
- High School Diploma required.
- At least two years of working with youth is preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish a Plus
200-day work year.
Common Building Hours: All supervision staff will be expected to be on duty from 11:00am - 2:00 pm on M, T, Th, F, and 11:00-1:30 on Wednesday. Additional one hour team meetings will be schedule every month. Dates and times TBD.
Hourly wage is commensurate with experience.
People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should submit:
- Cover Letter
Application submission screening and initial phone interviews will be completed as positions are available. In-person interviews and performance tasks will take place on-site.
Lighthouse Community Charter School is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity at all levels.